ad: hrd-2

Did I really just make a contact across the ocean???

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KD9BPO, Jul 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD9BPO

KD9BPO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I am on LoTW. Thanks Bob!

2. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

I recall my first DX I worked on a simple dipole for 15 meters hung in the attic, that was 1958, DXing never ends, with me it occurs just about every day, Love this hobby. 62 years in it and still going strong at age 77.

W5BIB and KD9BPO like this.
  3. KD9BPO

KD9BPO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, awesome William!!! Really glad to hear that the joy has stayed with you!!!

4. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

That is a qsl OM!

KD9BPO likes this.
  5. VK3KTT

VK3KTT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

great to hear your enjoy the dx. its great fun and a real journey as you climb the dx ladder. you have lots to learn and the education is half the fun .
    cheers

KD9BPO likes this.
  6. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got to warn you about this DX stuff. You make your first DX contact.... turn around..... and all of a sudden you realize that it's forty or fifty years later and you're still enjoying working DX.... It's like eating peanuts... have one and you can't stop until you empty the jar (300+ countries)!

KD9BPO likes this.
  7. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Then you start over

KD9BPO and W2AAT like this.
  8. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

And work them all QRP :D

W5BIB and KD9BPO like this.
  9. N9ETB

N9ETB Ham Member QRZ Page

It is addicting!! When I made my DX contact to Antarctica with RI1ANT at Mirny Research Base with 100 watts and a ZX6BKW dipole, I was shocked!

After that, I knew, I could talk to any place on planet Earth. Enjoy it and keep making those contacts! :)

10. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just want to say, I love this thread.

I introduced my Ham Radio hobby to a group of my students last Spring. Condx were poor, but I made a 20m SSB contact on a mag loop to Japan, and they were amazed.