Did I really just make a contact across the ocean???

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KD9BPO, Jul 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD9BPO

KD9BPO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a way I can change those call signs in my original post? Maybe a moderator can do it?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You can't edit after 30 minutes. Sure moderators could change it but it's not typically done. But don't sweat it - we all know what you meant :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KD9BPO likes this.
  3. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, you made contest QSOs in the IARU contest ... those ending in "HQ" are International Amateur Radio Union Headquarters stations. By the way, contests are one of the easiest ways to pick up new countries...
    LAYNE AE1N

KD9BPO likes this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

If you didn't complete the contest exchange you might not be in the log for confirmation :(

5. KD9BPO

Thanks Layne!!’

6. KD9BPO

Hey Bill, I got the exchange but where do you log it? I put all of the in the RST Recieve Field. Is that correct?

Thanks!

7. AF7XI

AF7XI Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on General and the overseas contacts. So exciting!

KD9BPO likes this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess you are talking about the QRZ Logbook? Simply put the 59 as RST. You can put the zone received under comments, it really won't matter. The point was that if you both didn't exchange zone numbers successfully the other guy may/may not have logged you. And he also may not use QRZ Logbook anyway.
    So, enter your info and hope for the best!

KD9BPO likes this.
  9. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations.

I remember the elation I felt the Monday after the December 2002 10 meter contest. I had never worked DX prior to that.

I suggest you sign up with LoTW (Logbook of the World). Read the instructions carefully and you should have no problems.

KD9BPO and W7UUU like this.
  10. K5ABB

K5ABB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, you did it... from your antenna to theirs! Congrats on the general class license upgrade and your first DX QSO's.

Welcome to the club, and good DX! It's the beginning of a great adventure.

KD9BPO likes this.