For Sale Dentron GLT-1000 tuner TECH SPECIAL

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KJ4YZI, Jun 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is for sale, a Dentron GLT-1000 from my research looks to be from the 80's and was designed to mate with the Dentron 1KW amplifier and looks to be hard to find because a small number were manufactured.? I think it has an issue, i tried using it as a regular tuner with my radio, but it doesn't seem to have any operation in tuning. I would imagine this could be a simple fix, probably the input being disconnected? Let me describe what it is doing. My Vertical at the moment is 10:1 SWR on 20 meters because i have to trim the spokes. So when i put this tuner inline, it seems to have some sort of effect and my antenna is showing 4:1 SWR and i have receive, but the inductor or load or tune knobs are making no changes in SWR, and i can't tune the antenna, so of course i would guess that the inductor and ALL the capacitors did not ALL go bad at the same time, it must be a main failure point probably from running more than 1kw into it. The unit is solid, and i will clean it up before shipping. The coax 1 and 2 selector is working and receives through this tuner so something is connected somewhere. But i am not taking it apart. It is a bit heavy so i will have to calculate shipping charges to your zip code via USPS. email me because i get emails right away, but i do not check through the responses on this listing. I work for a living but i will respond to your email. Email is good on QRZ, i am also on facebook search "HamRadioConcepts". The best offer ready to pay through PayPal gets it. But don't be silly on the offers, i know it can be fixed, and if it does not sell in a few days i will be taking it apart and fixing the issue and relisting. Thanks for looking.

IMG_20170602_202501.jpg IMG_20170602_202515.jpg

KE9OL likes this.
  2. WA7ITZ

WA7ITZ Ham Member QRZ Page

What is a reasonable price you would take?

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.