"Dentron" 572Bs?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KU7I, Dec 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

£68 for a pair of 572Bs (inc shipping) . . . and they looked identical inside and out to the Cetron ones.

Roger G3YRO

2. N8CMQ

N8CMQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So that is 30.84 Kg per pair.

I have an original pair of Cetrons and they appear to be working. Once I get the amp recapped, I will see how good they are, but I did get over 500 watts after recapping the HV power supply.

I don't understand replacing the tubes unless they have failed. If they go soft, does that mean they don't put out full power or is it just an age thing? If it is an age thing, I would buy them and use them, as that is how I buy most of my tubes today.

Fortunately, many TV repair guys saved the old tubes and today I can buy them pennies on the dollar. Unfortunately, tube testers have gone crazy in price, and I only have a couple of inexpensive testers. But I do know how to set up a curve tracer circuit if I really want to check a tube...

3. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

4. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page

I pulled the full output Cetrons out of my SB-200 when I got it and replaced them with the RF Parts version two years ago. They're still running just fine. So now I have those two Cetrons and two other NOS Cetrons that I'll sell when I retire. They should be worth about a grand apiece by then ;)