ad: Sussex-1

Dayton Xenia Hamvention May 18, 19 and 20, 2018 at the Greene County OH Fairgrounds

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K2HAT, May 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

2. KC2PMM

KC2PMM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello, Lee, Nice to see you at Dayton.
    Well, it's over now, we're all back home. I had a great time again! Some things I did notice:
    Empty booths in the buildings. This is odd, considering that we - R. W. Antennastore - couldn't get a spot in a building, but were out in the big tent. Rohn Towers was a no-show. I don't recall seeing Texas Towers either. Giga Parts was nowhere to be found.
    There was, however, a guy selling funny socks - in the building? A realtor selling time shares - in the building? Foot powder? Several other "vendors" of questionable ham radio or electronics value in the buildings. Is this the new thing - sell booths to anybody, no requirement to have any relation to ham radio? Because the same thing was out in the two big tents; splat balls, air chairs, etc....???
    What is your take on this?

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a blast there. Moving to Xenia was the best thing they could have done. I'm sure its great for Xenia too.

I don't have a problem with non-ham related stuff, for the most part. Hams are people too! Just ask one!

Overall...great time. Sold lotsa books....and even unloaded my old stash of Opuses.

Eric