Dayton roll call

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by WM3O, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
  1. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

who all is going to Dayton?

i know i'm going :cool:
  2. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be there all day Saturday but will miss Friday & Sunday.
  3. KU5B

KU5B Ham Member QRZ Page

After 10 years, K9PG has pulled my arm enough to go this year, but only a short trip. Arriving Wed and leaving Fri night.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, at least he didn't pull your finger. [cue: rimshot]

You'll find me cruising the flea market for most of Friday and much of Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon are for selected forums.
  5. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

I still expect to go, but it is less certain than it was three months ago. I have schedule conflicts just prior to and just after the Hamvention. No problem with the weekend itself, but they impinge upon the travel. It'll be a real juggling act, but if I can do it, it's worth the trouble!
  6. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope, I am in Spain. Too costly to fly to Dayton.
  7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I, and my good chaste wife Sister Mary Eggroll, will be there (Providing the Town Car doesn't get SWALLOWED UP In a Tornado on the way there!)
  8. N8CPA

N8CPA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be there all three days. I'll be in the SKCC both 2-3 on Friday--though I don't know the hall and booth number yet.
  9. N4UM

N4UM Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope some of you guys lucky enough to be going to Dayton will talk up the online petition to the FCC asking them to require HOA's and developers to make "reasonable accomodations" for amateur antennas in antenna restricted developments. The petition is on the website under "amateur radio." You can go directly to the petition at the link below...
  10. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Subscriber QRZ Page

I doubt if I am going and I live in Dayton AND was offered a FREE ticket by the DARA president,
    along with the opportunity to drive one of the golf carts to haul all your stuff out to your cars.

Doubt if I would have anybody available to "Babysit" the wifoid while I was gone.

DARA loaned me one of their CH-250 antennas for HF.
    The DARA President and the Hamvention Chairman's son put it up for me, while the chairman did the
    ground work :)

How many people can claim that they watched the President of a MAJOR amateur radio club
    walking around their roof putting up a members antenna??!!
  11. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be there. Boots, hat, goofy grin, etc.

My buddy KA7JUN will also be with me. He's the shorter, hairier one who looke like a troll. In fact, walking up to him and asking him where his bridge is would be funny.

12. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

If all you guys are going to Dayton who will be left here for me to annoy?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo
  13. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Staff Member QRZ Page

I'm arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday!! WOOT WOOT!!
  14. WN6U

WN6U Ham Member QRZ Page

They are all going to Dayton BECAUSE of you. Isn't that enough? :)
  15. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

The truth will out.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo
  16. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

No, no, no! Who is not on the Zed.

17. K2NCC

K2NCC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not I. The grand or two it would cost to go would be better spent here on what I might buy if I'm there!

Besides, airports have become such an experience that I'd rather avoid the body-search than fly.
  18. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm going to Dayton coming in on the 16th ,from SEATAC and leaving on Monday. Is there a freq that we are going to be on? VHF/UHF?

19. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

14.300 is the only one you need.
  20. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Whats on second
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.