ad: SteppIR-1

Dayton meetup

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by WM3O, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
  1. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

how about Saturday morning at 11:30 - ARRL booth, we can harass Pat and take all the ARRL buttons.
  2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll take it under advisement. Saturdays I usually spend at various forums, but we'll see.

By the way, nice catch on 6H6IARU yesterday evening. First time I think I've heard you in a DX pileup. I think I worked him about 3 minutes after you did; not that I needed Mexico on 30, but I'd just repaired my vertical and wanted to make sure it was playing nice again...
  3. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

i checked the forums, this was the best time on Saturday - before lunch and the press to get to the Contesting forum. i know EVERYONE here will be there to cheer or jeer ;)

funny thing - the beam was facing Europe :)
  4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If U come to the booth U will get a once in a lifetime chance to meet Sister Mary Eggroll herself! But U better practice up on your Chinese! She does know SOME English, like

She will be quite busy but always happy to shake hands since she is an unknown celebrity. She will be easy to find. Just look for a little old Chinese lady. She won't wear a "KB6RCT" hat, but maybe she will have a badge on that says so.

This year, we will have SOUND CARD INTERFACES as one of the kit choices. I built one yesterday and they are really slick, yet simple and easy to build. So, if U don't have one yet, sit down and build one with us!

As far as times, we will be there for the 3 day duration, but I might SNEAK OUT to go look at some exhibits sometimes. I will be in CONSTANT Radio CONTACT with KB6RCT through our pair of BAOFENG HTs. SO if you happen by the booth and for some reason I am not there, tell her, she will call, and I will return INSTANTLY!!!!
  5. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I do so hope to go to the celibate Dayton Patvention!
  6. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

If I run into you in the flea market, I'll gladly help you bring, ah, treasures back to the infamous Town Car. But no more 2 M simplex QSOs.
  7. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Might almost be worth the trip.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo
  8. N8XE

N8XE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds good! I will be there...
  9. N8CPA

N8CPA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I can be there.
  10. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be there for my photo with Pat and his wife.

I will also make a point of being a pest to the ARRL folks. I'm good and loud. They'll know I'm there.

Just remember, Ill be tall, wearing a circus tent and a big hat.
  11. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

I look forward to some pictures of Pat's wife holding eggrolls, quesadillas, and a photo of her son with a heart around it.
  12. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Staff Member QRZ Page

Count me in I'll be there!!!
  13. NN4RH

NN4RH Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't forget your boots in case the sewer overflows again.
  14. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

We'll have to do an all-QRZ photo. We can each use it to win special treatment from Frank.
  15. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wish Fred himself could come, but think he has to go to a Wedding this year.
  16. N8CPA

N8CPA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

$#1+ Kickers?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.