ad: ProAudio-1

Dayton meetup

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WM3O, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
  1. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

how about Saturday morning at 11:30 - ARRL booth, we can harass Pat and take all the ARRL buttons.

2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll take it under advisement. Saturdays I usually spend at various forums, but we'll see.

By the way, nice catch on 6H6IARU yesterday evening. First time I think I've heard you in a DX pileup. I think I worked him about 3 minutes after you did; not that I needed Mexico on 30, but I'd just repaired my vertical and wanted to make sure it was playing nice again...

3. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

i checked the forums, this was the best time on Saturday - before lunch and the press to get to the Contesting forum. i know EVERYONE here will be there to cheer or jeer ;)

funny thing - the beam was facing Europe :)

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

If U come to the booth U will get a once in a lifetime chance to meet Sister Mary Eggroll herself! But U better practice up on your Chinese! She does know SOME English, like
    "JUNK RADIOS"
    "HAM RADIO"
    "CAT"
    "LITTERBOX"
    and some MEXICAN: "QUEASY DILLAS"

She will be quite busy but always happy to shake hands since she is an unknown celebrity. She will be easy to find. Just look for a little old Chinese lady. She won't wear a "KB6RCT" hat, but maybe she will have a badge on that says so.

This year, we will have SOUND CARD INTERFACES as one of the kit choices. I built one yesterday and they are really slick, yet simple and easy to build. So, if U don't have one yet, sit down and build one with us!

As far as times, we will be there for the 3 day duration, but I might SNEAK OUT to go look at some exhibits sometimes. I will be in CONSTANT Radio CONTACT with KB6RCT through our pair of BAOFENG HTs. SO if you happen by the booth and for some reason I am not there, tell her, she will call, and I will return INSTANTLY!!!!

5. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I do so hope to go to the celibate Dayton Patvention!

6. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

If I run into you in the flea market, I'll gladly help you bring, ah, treasures back to the infamous Town Car. But no more 2 M simplex QSOs.

7. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Might almost be worth the trip.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

8. N8XE

N8XE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds good! I will be there...

9. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I can be there.

10. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be there for my photo with Pat and his wife.

I will also make a point of being a pest to the ARRL folks. I'm good and loud. They'll know I'm there.

Just remember, Ill be tall, wearing a circus tent and a big hat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.