ad: portazero-1

Curtis J Bisesi

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KK9W, Apr 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KK9W

KK9W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Be very leary of this person. Got an email wanting to buy my Acom amp with a simple. "I want to buy it where do I send money". Then you will get a link with " This is what I am looking for. It looks like a QRZ page to enter user ID and password . . . BUT IT IS NOT.

KC0BIN likes this.
  2. W7OTG

W7OTG Ham Member QRZ Page

Just saw this. I posted a few times here on items I was interested in. Then this same person emailed me right away saying he had the same type of item I wanted for sale but cheaper then what was posted. He sent pics but they never show his call sign. I didn't bite. After reading this I think it's important to tossmup another red flag.

KC0BIN likes this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KJ4CYC

KJ4CYC Ham Member QRZ Page

I would think QRZ.com would have it set up so you couldn't even log in to this sight without a verified call sign. It would save people time/money and a whole lot of head aches...

KC0BIN likes this.
  5. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

This Curtis Bisesi is simply masquerading as K2WOP. He is not using the the K2WOP call sign account to gain access. He is simply reading QRZ ads and using a scam e-mail to contact folks to scam them. Since he is not going through the QRZ system there is not much we can do to thwart his scamming,. Buyer beware!

KC0BIN and W7UUU like this.
  6. W4BBT

W4BBT Ham Member QRZ Page

This person is actually Loulyn Kaholo or so PayPal says. They just took me for $210 for a meter I thought I was buying. After several emails and no meter, I came to this page and guess what, I got took! One would think that QRZ.com could stop non hams for getting to the swapmeet page so this would not happen, but I guess I should have looked here first. MY BAD!

KC0BIN likes this.
  7. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Tell me you did not pay with Paypal "friends and family"!!! Did you file a dispute with Paypal?
    John, WB0MPB

KC0BIN likes this.
  8. NK8M

NK8M Ham Member QRZ Page

Just received an email from this person, offering a response to my wanted ad

KC0BIN likes this.
  9. HJ3RLG

HJ3RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

KC0BIN likes this.
  10. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Ron,
    Thanks for your post. Unfortunately some folks with verified call signs fall prey to phishing schemes whereby a scammer has access to their call sign and password. We are pretty good at ferreting these out but it takes awhile. Folks simply need to be more careful about giving out their passwords.

KC0BIN likes this.