ad: CQMM-1

CQ to "Jump-Start" Print Edition With January Issue - November and December Issues to be Digital Onl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W8NDB

W8NDB Subscriber QRZ Page

March 26th and the March CQ arrived safely in my mailbox.

Bob
    W8NDB

2. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, and with 5 days to spare in the month. Glad to see CQ is back on track LOL! OTOH, my APRIL RadCom arrived yesterday on-time as always and made it here all the way from the UK. My April QST also arrived almost two weeks ago. Quality is when you receive delivery of a magazine in the month prior to the publication date.

3. KD0NPT

KD0NPT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, RadCom and Spectrum Monitor are punctual every month.

4. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

January was the last print issue here.

5. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like their magazine. Other than the recent hiccup where they had a couple of months where the print version didn't get sent out, I have gotten every issue for quite some time. Just re-upped for another year.

Thinking I want to see them survive and what I do with my money is my own business.

6. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, just like Mr. Tusser said.

7. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Call me a fool if you want, but 1) they send the product I purchase, even if it isn't always timely according to your standards 2) I like the magazine and 3) I want to see this amateur radio publication survive.

Get off that high horse before you fall down. :)

8. G1TWS

G1TWS Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel the Canary in the Coal Mine is if an American member of the RSGB receives their Radcom before a CQ Magazine subscriber receives their paper copy.

As regards North Easters, the part of England where the Radcom distribution centre is have been subject to two bouts of easterlies from Russia, heavy snow and ice in March.

9. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

April QST arrived here on 3/26

10. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

March arrived today

11. YD3LCE

YD3LCE Incomplete QRZ Page

good luck

12. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

You are of course completely correct - not anyone else's business if you find it a worthwhile expenditure and are ok with the schedule.

I too would like to see them survive, but I'm not ready to contribute to that until they demonstrate more consistency. I don't blame other people who do, though. A magazine subscription has risen to non-trivial costs, but it still isn't betting the house, or anything that most of us coudln't afford to lose with no worse effect than something to grumble about.

13. KG2C

KG2C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This basically says "I want them to survive, I just won't help them survive until after the fact".
    I'm sure you see how this is a chicken and egg problem. If everyone was behaving like that, we'd have no publications or vendors left at all. They seem to be able to come up with enough content every month (digital edition is on time) but the problem seems to be with printing and distribution of the paper version.

The print subscription is $3 per magazine for the yearly subscription. I think this is a trivial cost. Of course it is not a justified cost for everyone but the amount is trivial as far as comparing it with what anything costs these days. $3 just doesn't buy a whole lot in general.

14. N0BML

N0BML Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ March 2018 Issue arrived here in Western WA. I guess it counts as there's one more day left in the month...

15. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

1. Yes, that's what it says. So what? What's your point? I "want" a lot of things that I am not sufficiently convinced of the viability of to risk buy-in. It isn't a chicken and egg problem at all. They have subscribers. Start reliably fulfilling already made obligations to them and I will hear about it, and then maybe subscribe.

$3 is trivial. But you can't do a one issue or six issue subscription. $36 is not anything that would upset me too badly to lose, but it isn't quite pocket change.