CPS vs. Hertz

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by NV5E, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-rl
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-innov
  1. NV5E

NV5E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've always been confused when working on old equipment that uses cycle per second, especially when all my test equipment is in Hertz. I found this handy chart that I've printed and put on the wall by the bench. Now no calculators or computers needed to do the conversion, just look up at the handy chart.
    http://www.emmittsfixitshop.com/files/Download/Techniques_CPS_Hertz_chart.pdf

Rob
    NV5E ;)

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing new there.

What I did is set up a conversion on my scientific calculator. Enter one frequency expressed either way, and it automatically multiplies by 1 and displays the conversion. Works perfectly.

3. WD4CHP

WD4CHP Ham Member QRZ Page

No conversion necessary.

One cps = one hertz

4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Party Pooper!!

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

5. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

You have test equipment in Hertz?

Not MHz or kHz? Just the 'H'?

6. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

A great service! Hope Glen sees this.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We had a big Harley rally recently and so many bikes were passing by, I was able to express them in Motorhertz.

8. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

The road I live on is usually part of some Harley run or another all year. Every Saturday during riding time (it still is, believe it or not) plus all the other bike events seem to be held right in front of my house.

Just a guess, but I think the standard rate would be about 2 motorhertz. That would be a pass a second with two bikes per lane. I think that's reasonable in a 35 mph school zone between taverns.

9. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same thing here. In fact, everywhere I've lived within 50 miles of here has been that way. Come to think of it all the (non-subdivision) streets have this problem around here.

10. W4HAY

W4HAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously the results of a government-funded study.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.