ad: AbAuRe-1

Countdown to Launch of AMSAT's RadFxSat (Fox-1B)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N8HM, Oct 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KO4MA

KO4MA Ham Member QRZ Page

Lucky for you then, the uplink is on 432.

2. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

It has 144 uplink too unless that has died since I last read about it. I know it is running on solar panels only basically.

3. KO4MA

KO4MA Ham Member QRZ Page

It does. I know because I hold the license for AO-7 (W3OHI). Mode A is 2m up, and 10m down. You won't over power it in this mode. You likely will not find more than a few people to work either.

Mode B (432 up, 145 down) is much more popular, with many users. It also is more often active in this mode. When the satellite has eclipses during it's orbit, the satellite almost always comes up in Mode B. During the few parts of the year when the satellite does not go into eclipse during it's orbit, the 24 hour timer takes over and it alternates between Mode A and Mode B everyday. You can look at http://www.amsat.org/status/ to see what mode it is in at any given time.

73, Drew KO4MA
    AMSAT VP Operations

N6SPP and WD9EWK like this.
  4. UR3QTN

UR3QTN Ham Member QRZ Page

o what? Where you can see the parameters of the flight of the satellite? Somebody already made the connection through it? Yesterday at 1400 UTC I heard someone turning on, but the impression was that not at the frequency called someone. Baofeng was just in listening mode. Look at http://www.amsat.org/track/index.php

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to work you on this recent pass RadFxSat seems to have a very good receiver.

6. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I finally got setup (again) for some sat work from home, and had a few minutes of an early pass on FO-29 today (approx 1100 UTC)....

No one on! doh! The pass was mostly over the Atlantic, so lower continental footprint.

Guess I'll have to post to twitter to potentially get a response next time :)