ad: UR5CDX-1

Coronal Hole, Bright Region Oreo: Solar Storm Forecast 06-05-2019

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jun 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Coronal Hole, Bright Region Oreo: Solar Storm Forecast 06-05-2019

WD8AYC, KB1DK, W4HM and 15 others like this.
  2. K4VW

K4VW Ham Member QRZ Page

Very informative, thank you! Always enjoy your videos.

3. WU7X

WU7X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Enjoy watching, very well presented. Can't wait for you to get us some good news down the road.

4. N6TRU

N6TRU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks very much! It's interesting stuff. I just wish I knew the terms better!

-Truman N6TRU

5. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Tam,,, Appreciate all your efforts... Have learned a great deal from your videos.
    tom

6. WB3HAK

WB3HAK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Like always the BEST!
    Always enjoy the presentation.
    Thank you

7. N6NKS

N6NKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interestingly, despite such a low MUF/SF of 68 and K=1, at the audio band frequencies I monitor (ELF-VLF band) - WHISTLERS (called "natural-radio") were great on the morning of Thursday - 06 June at local sunrise and a bit afterwards here in the northern Mojave Desert. (I ventured to a location 10 km from AC power-lines and their "hummmmm") It would seem the aurora in this vid. and "natural radio" were happening yesterday morning! These events help keep the radio bands interesting despite the supposed lack of MUFs at this near-solar-minumum epoch... Steve - N6NKS

8. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

The big hit from this solar event was friday night to saturday morning with the best conditions observed on 10 meters and 6 meters in around 5 years.

Friday night to Saturday morning frequencies between 28 to 54 MHz the bands were wide open between the pacific northwest and japan.

In particular on Friday night between 9 pm stretching to 3 AM saturday morning when i fell asleep at the radio, 10 meters was wide open between 28 to 29.6 MHz to japan on both analog and digital modes as was 6 meters which is more typical during this time of year.

Japanese stations were heard in Oregon on 29.300 FM and 29.6 FM and several contacts were made on CW at the low end of 28 MHz and numerous contacts were made on the FT8 frequency of 28.074 MHz where I had around 50 FT8 US to Japan qso's.

Conditions on 6 meters were similar with close to 100 qso's made between Oregon and most areas of Japan.

Additionally, GPS outages were evident throughout the entire Friday night to Saturday solar event, in fact the FAA accused the Military of jamming GPS in the western US during this storm unknown to the fine people at the FAA that a solar storm was hitting and causing these outages.

Perhaps the FAA needs to subscribe to the good Doctors Solar storm forecast and then they would stop blaming the Military for what the sun is doing.

9. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

10. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The solar storm had nothing to do with the GPS problems. It was a software problem with certain Rockwell-Collins receivers.

11. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your video presentation .
    Sometimes I wish it was part of the national news on tv. Great job --appreciate much.
    Bob, KG4RRN

12. W1FOX

W1FOX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We all appreciated you taking the time to do a presentation for us at Ham Com in Plano Texas Tamitha. Top notch as always.

Brian Fox, W1FOX
    Frisco TX