ad: elecraft

Copernicus, why have you betrayed me?!?

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by N0SYA, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-innov
  1. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member QRZ Page

[video=youtube;EvwMc1jcR7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvwMc1jcR7Y[/video]

2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

There's the proof , I always knew I was the center if the universe :)

3. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84 QRZ Page

Pulling hair out of my head!

OMG... I made it through 6:30 until I just couldn't take it any more.

[​IMG]

I tooks all I could took, then I could tooks no more!

[​IMG]

Maybe it gets better after 6:30? Maybe the author's meds get better adjusted later in the video? It looks like a lot of work went into making this 15 minute video. Its a shame that during that long production process, someone never gave this guy a CLUE!

Amazing drivel.

Thanks SYA, for the post. It does have comedic value. Sort of [​IMG].

4. N0SYA

I strive to deliver quality content.

You're welcome.

But after all, it really is all about docac, as he stated in his reply.

5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll have to view this after I return from the store....
    I have this creepy feeling if I watched it now I might want to throw myself in front of a bus.

6. W7JZE

Safety first, Sue.

Yes. And think again about even watching it later. My IQ was down by 30 points by the time I hit 6:30. Another 6 minutes and I might have been too stoopid [​IMG] to turn it off.

!Aye, carumba!

7. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I thot it was getting a bit crowded in here.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

8. KU7CAD

KU7CAD Ham Member QRZ Page

I got to the 4 minute mark before I had to stop watching. Setting aside his religious beliefs, I like how people read once sentence and then make up assumptions and conclusions without reading the rest of the text.

9. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Y'all are made of stronger stuff than I am--I made it to the 2:48 mark (after skipping the noisy music, first) before I rolled by eyes and hit the Stop button.

I'll tell you what's scarier than this guy believing his own hypothesis as the truth: it's that this is Geocentric Truth Part 1! Excuse me while I stick a fork in both eyes, run screaming from the room, and position my head under a speeding steamroller.

10. W7JZE

!

+1 to 7A for the most dramatic, declarative (and accurate) sentence of the year!

Yup, kinda wraps it up very nicely.

I've never posted a video to YouTube so I am not sure of the following: Because of the YouTube copyright issue, I assume that any OP can take down his/her video posts at anytime, on into the future??? Anyone? Anyone?

If so, I wonder why one of his friends hasn't take a bit of pity on this poor lad and suggested that he remove it to improve his chances in life? Talk about embarrassing Internet posts! Jeesch! Drunken, naked, party pictures would be less damaging to the OPs rep than THAT video.

A true exercise in non-critical thinking.

11. KU7CAD

KU7CAD Ham Member QRZ Page

I would guess that like most people, and specifically people of a strict ideological bent, tend to surround themselves with people that agree with them. So the won't take the video down, they will simply encourage him and tell him he's so smart.

12. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom now we have to figure out how to polarize our shared universe :)

13. AF6LJ

It's a good thing I remembered to duct tape my head before watching this. .......

Otherwise my head would have exploded and my roommate would have to clean up the radio gear before she sold it.

14. AB2T

AB2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Got to 5:07.

According to whomever wrote the gospels, Jesus said zilch about astrology/astronomy or geocentrism (a theory required to explain ancient astrology). Why? Maybe it's because everyone in the ancient Mediterranean world practiced astrology. In fact, the position of the stars and their influence on human fate were taken for granted by almost everyone in the ancient world. Ancients took astrology for granted like we take emiprical laws such as Newtonian physics for granted today.

Why does the author of this video claims that belief in geocentrism is required to be a faithful follower of Jesus? Does the video author believe in Isis and Mithras as well? The devotees of those ancient cults certainly practiced astrology as well.

Somewhere in this country a "science" teacher is using similarly dubious arguments to "prove" that heliocentrism is wrong. It's not that the USA has a shortage of smart young people to enter STEM careers. It's just that some bright high school students are being fed belief cloaked as science education. Where's the "smackhead" smiley?

73, Jordan

15. AF6LJ

I didn't get that far the duct tape was starting to slip.

16. W7JZE

HAH! I spewed coffee on your 2nd post there, Sue.

Excellent!

Smilie roll.gif

17. AF6LJ

Well you know ya have to keep your head from exploding when ya see some of this stuff. :D

18. N0SYA

If one reads the Book of Enoch not only does one find out what happened when angels lay with human females, but also what celestial mechanics look like from the spiritual side. Enoch got a grand tour of heaven and describes the universe. For such an interesting work it's not very long.

19. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

Well well, old copper knickers ! I havent seen him mentioned for years

20. N0WYO

N0WYO Ham Member QRZ Page

It's always entertaining to see people like this try to do some heavy lifting. Thanks for the laugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.