ad: Alphaant-1

Cool Call Signs

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA4BCS, Jul 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KB0TT

KB0TT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well ......

There is nothing special or ' unique ' about Fred's call ( per the initial
    thread's narrative ) ...... Much like MY call ...... The only ' unique '
    thing about mine is the double ' T's ' ...... FCC sequential issue ....
    I should have NEVER changed from it in the first place .... Thus the

' HVIA ' designation ....

JB

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. WW7F

WW7F Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember when I changed my call to a shorter one, to make a long story shorter, I got the license manual in 1988 at the ARRL National Convention held here in PDX.

I kept trying to find time to study for my Extra, then one day I found the time due to a back injury and bone issues.

Doctor put me on some heavy duty pain meds and said stay in bed for a month, I decided then to go through the question pool and actually read the whole manual cover to cover,think the pain meds helped me thru it;>)

The day of the exam I went against doctor's orders and was well fortified against pain, I sneaked a peek at the test and missed just one, 20 WPM code test did well there also:) And I owe it to the pain meds for keeping me calm, though a bit logy.
    I also went because they were running out of 1x2 calls so I figured out some how I wanted WW7F or something similar that sounded good on CW or voice, and oddly enough I got the call I wanted, WW7F by the FCC's allocation by "chance",truth is stranger than fiction eh?:)

But kind of freaked me out I got the exact call I had wanted. I used to use the phonetics "Whiskey,Whiskey, Seven Fingers" for fun and it actually got me a LOT of contacts, I know what 7 fingers of whiskey will do to a person,LOL!

But other than for fun I use the proper phonetics otherwise. Sorry for the long story but I had too darned much coffee today I think,LOL:)!
    73 to all , Michelle, proud holder of AR callsign WW7F until I die!

No joke, must be a good one as have had many seemingly wanting it but they will have to wait and then if I can will let a relative have a go at it when that time comes:)

P.S. Now to work on a way to put up a decent antenna when there are no trees to connect it to anymore here,I'd love to find an old yagi that needed TLC to refurbish and get back into some serious use. At least I have the callsign and gear:) 73

KB0TT likes this.
  3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

It makes ugly people better-looking. :: hic :: ;):p:rolleyes:

4. WD5GWY

WD5GWY Ham Member QRZ Page

My best friends call is a good one,
    K5ROX
    Dave does sound for several rock bands. And does some DJ stuff too.

5. OZ1HHH

OZ1HHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, I am trying to find groups for same letter triple callsigns. Not found yet. I am PY2ZZZ and OZ1HHH. My son - new on radio - is OZ5EEE. Tnx. Happy New Year. 73' from OZ1HHH Chris.

6. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

When we work each other in contests we both go ape sh1t!

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm kind of fond of them :)

Actually, my UUU works really well in pileups - "the United station only please"

Dave
    W7UUU

KD4MOJ likes this.
  8. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is my call sign, there are many more like it but this one is mine.

9. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

HT7AAA is on the air now...

73 de KM4SII

10. AA8TA

AA8TA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OM0M - Dozen Dashes Contest Team.