ad: k1jek

CONTACT CONFIRMATION VIA ACTUAL QSL CARD?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by KE9OL, Dec 5, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KE9OL

KE9OL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

IS THERE A WAY TO HAVE MY LOG CONTACTS VERIFIED BY PRODUCING ACTUAL QSL CARDS RECEIVED? ELECTRONICALLY HOPEFULLY. :cool:

TED......................73

WA4FQZ likes this.
  2. W1DQ

W1DQ QRZ Staff / Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

3. WA4FQZ

WA4FQZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I also receive a lot of QSL cards Ted. too bad QRZ does not let you confirm via card. Would be nice to do so even if you could not use paper QSL confirm for awards. Just for one's on info and satisfaction of confirm. WA4FQZ

4. LA2GKA

LA2GKA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ logbook has no value as a source for counting DXCC entities or other stastistics as long as paper QSLs are rejected. The awards offered are thus of little or no value to me as they do not reflect any true, up-to-date information, not for me, nor for my amateur friends. The QRZ logbook have the possibility to register QSLs sent and received. Of course they should be taken into account, especially as long as the electronic solution only work between registered users, I would guess for may be only about 10 % of registered QSOs. And it should not be to difficult to keep control, for example could users be asked to actually produce for control randomly picked confirmed paper QSLs. For my own part I suppose I have about twice the number of DXCC entities confirmed by paper QSLs compared to QRZ logbook.
    73 de LA2GKA Olav

5. W1DQ

W1DQ QRZ Staff / Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Each award system has its own rules. They stand on their own.

6. LA2GKA

LA2GKA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Quite so, but then again. If I get a DXCC 100 diploma based on my paper QSLs and QRZ only list me for, say, 55 DXCC entities based on the same list of QSOs in the electronic log because paper QSLs are rejected and many hams can not confirm electronically as they don't have the correct membership access, then something ought to be changed. Suggestions:
    - Accept paper QSLs listed in the log
    - Allow all registered hams the right to confirm QSOs

Just saying NO to all changes do not make things improve very much.

73 de LA2GKA

7. W1DQ

The only requirement for QRZ Logbook use (including adif import, QSO confirmations and award credits) is that a ham be registered with QRZ and choose to participate in it. The only QRZ Logbook features requiring a subscription are the ability to adif export the logbook or filtered portions of it and the ability to directly upload to LoTW. Award credits are indicated on your callsign page at no fee however, should you wish, you may purchase a corresponding paper certificate.