Confirming QSO's

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N4GHP, Jan 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. N4GHP

N4GHP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On the far right side of my QRZ logbook I have a small grey dot that when hovered over it reads "confirmation requested from" and the call. How do you confirm the contact? There is NO incoming requests.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

A confirmation will only take place (automatically) when each party to a QSO independently enters their log data and provided both records agree by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window.

If the QSO is not yet confirmed then it indicates that you either have yet to enter the corresponding QSO record in your logbook or there exists a mismatch of information regarding callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window.

3. N4GHP

N4GHP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very good John,
    Up until this last week I haven't attempted to confirm any of my contacts. I have received confirmation requests but have not initiated the request, I didn't know how to respond to that.
    SO....LOTW is up and running but still want to use qrz and expect my list of over 6 years finally feel complete.

Thanks again

NL7SP likes this.
  4. VE1DBM

VE1DBM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My problem is I do request confirmation after the qso, and I make sure before O clear with who I am in contact with, and especially FT-8 you wait to see the 73 from him/her. But even after making sure all is correct I have 100's of contacts that don't look at my qsl confirmation request, or they looked at it and it is blue, but they don't either finish off the contact or don't email me or give me a reason why they don't.. I have contacts going back to May of 1991, I could have had all the awards twice now..... that really burns my xxx I worked darn hard to get a clean logbook making sure they have my info correct and I have theirs, I see the qrz symbol in their site.. I would like QRZ do something about it..

KN4HEW likes this.
  5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Operators choose whether or not they participate in logbook systems as well as to they extent they might participate. They cannot be forced into it. Nor can they be forced to log QSOs.

WG7X likes this.
  6. N9IGD

N9IGD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm having issues with this too. It's telling me that the gray dot is them requesting confirmation. I went though my log and tried to confirm all of those, only to have them rejected.
    There's maybe 10% of my contacts that have confirmed the contacts. If that. What am I doing wrong?

Also, If they show up in QRZ, are they not using QRZ and that's why?

7. W1DQ

8. F8FSN

F8FSN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DATE RANGE IS - 2009.02.16 - 2015.08.17 ALL(s) QSO are ejected and the
    web respond ...IS OUTSIDE DATE RANGE - SORRY , SORRY BUT I NOT UNDERSTAND ....

9. W1DQ

Open your logbook
    Click on SETTINGS then PROPERTIES
    Adjust the END date to a future date such as the expiration date of your license.
    Save

F8FSN likes this.
  10. VE1DBM

VE1DBM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The grey dot indicates you sent them a note asking for a confirmation a blue dot means they looked at it but did not go to their QRZ log book and do a confirmation, I agree, with you about people using the QRZ log for looking up stations, some people even pay and go all the way to platinum, which is bizarre as why are you paying if you don't want to help out your fellow amateur? I had issued contact request for some place where there is only a few amateurs, and I had to send them a email and beg them to do a confirmation. and some folks are just plain lazy.

W4POT likes this.