Confirming QSO

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by Z21ML, Jul 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. Z21ML

Z21ML XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a QSO confirmation pending. I did have a QSO with an Italian station but I have it logged on a different date and time, rather than the date he has for me. Is there a way I can change the contact and confirm the QSO?

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

First, there is no way for you to know what data exists in your worked party's logbook. For a confirmation to take place, both parties to the QSO (you and your worked party) must each independently enter a record of the QSO in their logbooks. QRZ then automatically tests to determine whether or not the following data fields in each record match the other with regard to callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If so, a confirmation is indicated; if not, none is indicated.

The info in regard to a request for confirmation is only default info and not the exact matching data. When "the box keeps coming up" it indicates that the data you have entered still does not match that data your worked party has entered in its logbook - hence a continuing failure.

It is up to the parties to themselves resolve the problem through direct contact via e-mail or private message.