Confirming qsl contacts

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KM4YTW, Aug 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM4YTW

KM4YTW QRZ Member QRZ Page

How do i go about confirming my logbook entries. Im new and still figuring all this out.
    Thank you.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

A confirmation will automatically take place when each party to a QSO independently enters their log data and provided both records agree by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If a confirmation does not exist then it is possible that your worked party has not entered its record or one or more of the above fields lacks a match.

3. M6JVF

M6JVF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think a 30 min is really long enough .an hour be better for those who dont set the clock correctly. Like I don't.lol

4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Key words here are "each party must confirm independently". You can confirm your side of a QSO, but until the other party confirms you have no confirmation. You may use QSL cards, LoTW, or eQSL. Subscribing to all increases your chances of confirming but does not mean you will confirm every QSO in your logbook.

In my experience confirming QSOs was much easier when the FCC required everyone to log. Without logging it is difficult to independently confirm. Quite a few operators still maintain logbooks and confirm.

Good luck!

5. VE3CGA

VE3CGA Ham Member QRZ Page

Its hard to get some stations to qsl - some just dont want to for what ever reason.
    If you're award searching my advice is to look the other station up here and see if they do any electronic logging especially lotw and here.
    Some stations I wanted to work just didnt do lotw and some didnt qsl at all
    ANother rising theme is club log, which I found somewhat useless but lots of dx are using it
    Just got dxcc this summer and am still getting qsl confirmations anywhere from 2 months to 3 yrs.

W6ADF likes this.
  6. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Well-Known Member QRZ Page

What is the best way of getting a EQSL confirmation into your QRZ logbook? I tried to upload an .adi file from eqsl and it messed up my QRZ logbook with dupes and missed things.

7. VE3CGA

I did the same thing. ended up deleting the log and had to reload the entire thing
    Not sure that can be done for confirmations with eqsl
    maybe try backing the qrz log adi up first then editing out the eqsl adi dupes and try importing that
    you should be able to delete and reload the backup if things go bad

8. KI5AAI

I tried that and I lost 2 qsl's.

Maybe QRZ can coordinate with EQSL and get this fixed. I have seen lots of folks that have had problems. I believe that when I signed up for QRZ log it said it guaranteed that things would be transparent (paraphrasing). I am not upset at QRZ, do not gt me wrong. But EQSL is a major player. We should be able to have something work without headaches.

9. VE3CGA

yes I would say its an ugly massaging of data.
    Some time ago when I got into this e logging thing it was explained to me that qrz and lotw do a double or more secure transfer or log in
    I've seen comments where eqsl doesnt and somehow allows false entries, which personally I dont get.
    I agree eqsl is a major player (I use it) and maybe they need to join the certificate athentication
    you may already know this but, heres a discussion and better explaination
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/eqsl-confirmations-to-qrz.596459/

I just did a search on this forum for eqsl imports and a pile of hits came back - perhaps some answers there - a lot of users have had this

10. KI5AAI

Thanks. So, the way I understand it is that if it is not confirmed by LOTW, it will no on QRZ.