ad: GNOHF-1

confirmation

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G0SBU, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Your callsign was previously assigned to a different party 20+ years ago. You need to adjust the start date of your KV6O logbook to agree with the date that you were assigned the callsign; it is currently it is set at 1981-04-11 and hence it is allowing such QSOs to appear in it. [The end date should be your license expiration date.]

To readjust the start and end dates:

Open logbook using My Logbook
    Select the logbook if more than one
    Click on SETTNGS then PROPERTIES
    Adjust the start and end dates
    Save changes

2. KK4CUL

KK4CUL Ham Member QRZ Page

What would cause the message "Skipped because user does not have QRZ Logbook"? Did these people suddenly disable their log books? At this point, it is easily half of my entries.

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This message is provided in response to your initiation of a request that the worked party enter a corresponding QSO record in its logbook. Such a request can only be accommodated when that party is a participant in the QRZ Logbook system.

4. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Steve,

The QSOs may have been entered years ago.
    The QSO may have been in your V1 logbook (which means that another person could have added it) and was accidentally confirmed by you, or confirmed by the previous callsign owner.

When migrating to V2, we look for any QSO that exists in our system for your callsign and bring them over.

This whole situation is EASILY remedied by deleting any offending QSOs, and setting your Logbook Start Date to the date your license was issued.

Choosing whether or not to use the QRZ Logbook is your decision to make and I completely respect that. I'm not here to try to persuade you one way or another, however if you would like any assistance getting it set up the way you'd like it I would be glad to help.

Alex

5. N0AMT

To piggy back on what John said, in V1, everyone had a logbook. In V2, only those who use V2 (have migrated, or created a new logbook) have a logbook. Without a logbook, there is no target to send the request to.

Now that the max requests is no longer limited, you can try again as often as you like and you just might catch people who have started using V2 after your initial request.

6. KC5MVV

KC5MVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Now that the max requests is no longer limited, you can try again as often as you like and you just might catch people who have started using V2 after your initial request.
    That is wrong You ask for a request one time and one time is all you get.

7. N0AMT

David,

I developed the confirmation request system, so I can say with absolute certainty that you are mistaken.

When you submit a request, and that request is skipped, you can try again to request confirmation for that record indefinitely until it is successful.

There are only two situations where you cannot Re-request:
    1) You have already SUCCESSFULLY requested confirmation for that QSO, but it has not yet acted upon by the other user (by successfully, that means the record WAS requested, NOT skipped)
    2) The record is already confirmed.

If the other party rejects your successful request as outlined in number 1, you can submit the request yet again.

8. G0SBU

G0SBU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    Must admit I agree with this. Even though I am a relatively new user of any electronic log I have found this problem as well. Even though I have tried and re tried the same message comes up that the other operator does not have a Qrz.Com Log book. I have even emailed to ask for their co-operation( Which is on their Qrz.Com Page) to confirm but still have had no response

9. N0AMT

I'm really not sure how to make myself any clearer on this subject.

If the record was skipped when you tried, the next time you request it will try again. So as I've said, you can keep trying indefinitely. If the other party creates a QRZ Logbook, the next time you try it will be successful. If they didn't creat a logbook, obviously, it will be skipped again. This doesn't mean "you only get one chance and that's it" Nonsense!

Emailing them like you said is always an option, but QRZ can't go spamming folks on your behalf like we did with the PMs. That did not work out well.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  10. G0SBU

G0SBU Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok,
    Thanks for the information

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.