confirmation

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G0SBU, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. G0SBU

G0SBU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    I have noticed lately that when asking for confirmation on the logbook page more and more requests are being skipped because the operator does not have a Qrz.Com logbook, yet they have a Qrz.com page is it so hard to confirm a qso.
    Regards
    Bazz(G0SBU)

2. KC5MVV

KC5MVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it is. The party that you talked to has to put the exact same info in as you did...Some people don't understand how to do this. Some people think it to much trouble so they wont confirm.. What a crock...

3. G0SBU

It is so annoying to think that the guys at Qrz.Com have done a lot of work to give us a great service and a brilliant Log book so why can't Operators use it correctly or even just use it.
    Thank You Qrz.Com for a great service.
    Regards
    Bazz

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

On Mar 21 a new confirmation message system was implemented to reduce the effort and to simplify it.
    See: http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?429684-***-QRZ-Logbook-Updates-21-March-2014***

Nonetheless, regardless of the exchange of paper QSLs or electronic equivalents, many simply prefer to ignore dealing with confirmations. That is just the way it is.

5. G3YVY

G3YVY Ham Member QRZ Page

I must admit I don't learn things as quickly as I used to do. I do struggle with my QRZ logbook. I get confirmation requests from stations that have already been confirmed and don't understand why this happens. When I go to add an entry to respond to the confirmation request, I see that the station is already there. Maybe I need an Idiots Guide. Regards, Dennis G3YVY.

6. G0SBU

Hi Dennis,
    I felt like that but there's always someone willing to help.......I hope hi hi.
    Regards
    Bazz

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

To: G3YVY

A confirmation requires that your record of the QSO and your worked party's record of the same QSO match by callsigns, band, mode and UTC date/time within a 30 minute window. It is possible that you both have logged the QSO and each record agrees on the callsigns and date worked but may be in disagreement on band, mode and/or time.

In such cases, a confirmation can be requested of you despite the fact that you already have logged the QSO. Disagreements must be resolved through the exchange of e-mail or private messages. Until resolved, the records remain unconfirmed.

8. G0SBU

Hi John,
    Its a shame that operators are using the Qrz.Com facilities but blatantly refusing to acknowledge and confirm a qso. Happy Days hi hi
    Regards
    Bazz

9. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't get this attitude. I never asked QRZ to create a logbook, but suddenly I am obligated to use it? What if eHam, or QTH, or dxzone, etc., etc. decide to create one? How many do we need?

How many are there anyway? I am aware of QRZ, LotW (ARRL), eQSL - are there others? What happens if 5 more pop up? Or 50?

I am not interested in chasing awards, so QSLing is little purpose for me. The only award I ever applied for is DXCC, and it's still in the shipping tube. I have WAS confirmed, but I never applied for the award because the award itself means nothing to me - I know I did it, I don't need a piece of paper to validate it.

I do use LotW, so if for some reason you needed me you can confirm it there. It's up to YOU to chase down the QSL, not the other way around.

Steve
    KV6O

P.S. - with respect to the QRZ logbook, I refuse to use it specifically because it has confirmed QSO's that I supposedly made without ANY INPUT from me. Some before I was even a ham by 20+ years. That destroys any trust I have in the system.

10. G3YVY

G3YVY Ham Member QRZ Page

OK John, thanks for the info. I'll have to check the details again. Regards, Dennis. G3YVY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.