ad: AbAuRe-1

Confirmation process VERY prohibitive for me. How about you?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KK6QMS, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hate to say but you'll never validate a contact here on the Zed, ARRL LoTW or eQsl without a time entry.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

2. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Simply amazing....

I stopped using the QRZ logbook when it went to the double-blind system, so I'm no fan, but this is just ridiculous.

You don't care to follow any of the standard conventions (don't even keep a paper log?) used to facilitate QSO confirmations (band, mode, and time in UTC), and then bitch about a system that requires them? That takes a special kind of stupid.

eQSL would be a better choice for you. http://eqsl.cc

3. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

What he said.

Whatever that was...

4. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh get real.

You didn't get the answer you wanted so the support is "not polite and friendly". Poppycock.

It seems you aren't interested in figuring out the system, you want the system to change to you.

This stuff isn't hard at all. Stop being a victim and just try to figure out how the system works and adapt.

5. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd like to point out that we've never done anything at QRZ that didn't elicit a complaint.

Sometimes it seems that we could hand every single member a $10 dollar bill upon login and sure enough, we'd get a complaint about it.

Some people simply won't be satisfied. QRZ has invested an enormous amount of time and money into the development of our online logbook. The program is still evolving and we just hired another programmer to continue working on it. Despite this, we're prepared to continue receiving complaints because it's clear that they will never end.

On a good note its worth stating that 90% or more of our users are very happy with the system, as are we. These forums are like a big power amplifier putting out 2KW PEP. And, like on the air, no amount of power will change the effectiveness or validity of the argument being made.

The original poster of this thread was complaining that the confirmation process was essentially, too strict. Here's something to ponder: since we tightened our rules and have implemented our double-blind system, the popularity of the QRZ Logbook has skyrocketed. The majority is reassured by rules and order, and it makes things predictable. From the master console, our view is that tens of thousands of people are merrily using the Logbook, and a handful are complaining (as expected) here on the QRO multiplier that we call the Forums.

6. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Me too.

And, if I can do it with my Commodore 64, why do people with their 3 GHz multicore Windoze 11 machines have so much trouble?

Mind you, I only do LoTW...

7. KA0AAM

KA0AAM Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it hasn't because of the rules. . .

It has only gone up because you started awarding paper.

You are starting to sound like Obama and his healthcare. . . "OUR Obamacare enrollment has skyrocketed, because people like it so much!!!! (Ignoring the real reason that they hold a gun up to your head and say Enroll, or pay huge fines. . .;))

I am not a paper chaser. . . I could care a less about paper chasing. It is "to each their own". . .

If someone wants a QSL, mail is my answer now, and has been for quite some time.

8. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh no... you brought up the "P" word....

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

9. KA0AAM

KA0AAM Ham Member QRZ Page

Please forgive me Doug. . . that P-word accidentally slipped out. . .honestly. . .it was a mistake. . .

Promise me that you will not tell anyone, and I will also keep it quiet. . .

10. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's not even close to the truth. Our logbook was a great success long before the Awards were activated. The fact that you don't chase paper is 100% irrelevant. Participation in our logbook is completely voluntary, however, your choice not to use it does not convey the right to disparage it for those who do. It was you who said "to each their own". If you were sincere about that, you would have remained silent and we would not be having this discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.