confirmation not showing up in log

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K3XYZ, May 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3XYZ

K3XYZ Subscriber QRZ Page

My QSO with W5WAZ is not showing confirmed. Why???

K3XYZ
    Mark

Serial: 413630381 Log Date: 2019-04-14 14:26:22 UTC
    QSO Start: 2019-04-14 14:24:00 UTC Seen: no
    QSO End: 2019-04-14 14:24:00 UTC Contest: n/a
    Exchange: Serial: 0 Serial: 0
    Section: Station class: (Field Day Use Only)
    QSL-TO QSL-FROM
    Station: W5WAZ K3XYZ

KP4IRR likes this.
  2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A confirmation will automatically take place when each party to a QSO independently enters their log data and provided both records agree by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If a confirmation does not exist then it is possible that your worked party has not entered its record or one or more of the above fields lacks a match.

In this case the log entries are lacking a proper match. Contact W5WAZ and attempt to resolve it.

3. K3XYZ

Sure looks like a match to me. What's the error? I looked at his and mine and the time is within three minutes. The date matched. What am I missing?

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is no way for you to view the fields in his logbook as QRZ operates on a double blind system to guard against false claims. In fact, your and his QSO start times differ by more than the 30 minute limit.

QRZ is not in a position to know which of the two claims is correct; it is up to the parties themselves to resolve the issue.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  5. K3XYZ

I see. I must be looking at mine and seeing a reflection of my log in what appears to be his. I understand now. I'll contact him for clarification of the log entry. Thanks.