For Sale Complete TS-50 Package

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W4FID, Jul 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4FID

W4FID Ham Member QRZ Page

Very clean and nice. Working 100% perfectly. Kenwood TS-50 with 2.4 KHz SSB filter and optional 500 Hz CW filter. Optional function button mic. Optional quick release OEM locking mounting bracket. Long fused power cord with Anderson power poles. Original manual and Nifty manual. Matching AT-50 auto tuner with connecting cable and optional OEM quick release locking mounting bracket. Rare Kenwood travel bag with OEM factory insert for the TS-50 and AT-50 and compartments for accessories. 20A power supply with manual and Anderson power poles. Vibroplex EK-1 paddles on oak base with Curtis chip keyer built in and manual. Rig has nice features without too many menus. I OPERATE IT WITHOUT THE MANUAL. Tuner is wide enough to tune my 45 foot end fed long wire from 80 to 10 and use my loaded fan dipole across the entire 40 meter band. Complete plug and play station for a newer ham, great for your RV, cottage, as a back up home station, or your "go kit". LOOKING FOR $850 PLUS SHIPPING at whatever the actual costs are (no mark up). Your choice of carrier. Willing to talk especially if I don't have to ship it. I live in north central FL. It's my personal station -- I'm not a buyer/reseller/trader. NOT A DESPERATION "FIRE SALE" and I don't have anything on my wish list for trades ......... so please let's not waste each other's time if you're not serious. Feel free to contact me at mycall@outdrs.net or call 352-eight nine five-1140 daytime please. Direct to me is better as I don't read PMs very often. My bio in QRZ is up to date so you can check me out. Thanks for looking.

TS-50 station.JPG

KX1MAD and KC8TMW like this.
  2. KA4VNM

KA4VNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a TS50 now and have a question. How good is the tuner AT-50 with antennas that are in band but not well resonant? I am torn between getting the matching tuner or an after market like the LDG or MFJ. Appreciate any words of wisdom.

Pat KA4VNM

3. KG4FET

KG4FET Ham Member QRZ Page

Pat,
    The AT50 is MUCH quieter then the other two. It uses air variable caps where as the other 2 us fixed caps and relays. For the job you need it to do the 50 is an excellent choice
    Sandor KG4FET

4. KA4VNM

Thanks!

5. W4FID

W4FID Ham Member QRZ Page

It works with the TS-50 beautifully. My 40-10 fan dipole is just barly resonant over the general phone band on 40. It has a loading coil so each leg is about 20 feet not 33 feet. The AT-50 matches in in the CW portion and I run PSK and RTTY (at about 1/3 or 1/2 power to save the rig's finals). NOT an all purpose tunes a bed spring tuner. Not for open wire feedline without a balun. But for coax it does well.

6. KA4VNM

Thanks guy!

Pat DE KA4VNM

7. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.