ad: dxeng

Coming out with Uranus? What's can we expect from Ten Tec?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K1FBI, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a sad month as Ten Tec has stopped production of the Jupiter and no longer lists it on the site. What do we have to look forward to for a new model? Will it have the CW Personality or has that gone the way of the testing requirements? The Eagle has landed, but it's too small for my taste as a base rig.

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, it had its run. I see they do have a nifty power amplifier for QRP rigs out now.

Look for the new Neptune, which works underwater; and the Pluto, which barks and has Walt Disney's signature on the panel.:eek:

3. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just ordered 10 each of their new Dumbo, Sleepy & Goofy models.

Tom KCØW

4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

So many choices... Ok, of the Neptune, Pluto, Dumbo, Sleepy, Goofy and--my favorite--Doc models which one will have the best Sherwood numbers?

73, Jim N3AWS

5. WB2WIK

I think the Uranus will squat on other models, personally. The coming Charmin model will wipe up, though.

6. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

But with a name like Charmin it will have to be out of the price range of 99% of today's hams!

N3AWS

7. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The new Robin Hood model.

Tom KCØW

8. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber QRZ Page

Who wants to hear that? :eek:

"Hey, Uranus is sounding pretty good tonight!"

9. W5INC

W5INC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are all of the Ten Tec parts made here in the USA? Or are the parts made over seas, imported to the USA and the radio is assembled in Tn? I hear a lot of Omnis and Jupiters on the CW side of the bands so I am guessing they must be a very good CW rig. I never owned a Ten Tec product of any kind, that is the reason for the question. :)

10. WB2WIK

I'd rather hear that than "Uranus sounds terrible tonight."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.