clubstore.com - Is this real or a ripoff?

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC7RAD, Jun 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KC7RAD

KC7RAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Good morning all,

I was looking for an antenna analyzer this morning and found what I can only describe as an unbelievable deal. It is an MFJ-259C for only $89.99

https://www.clubsstore.com/products/swr-antenna-analyzer-mfj-259c-hf-vhf-0-53-230mhz-pqlt2367

They look to be selling mostly women's leggings. They do not appear to have a phone number on their website and the company contact e-mail is a gmail account. And their website just seems to be not completely functional. I did a whois and the site owner appears to be in Belgium and the site's IP is in Belgium, even though the website says the store is in Greensboro, GA.

I don't want to throw away $90 but if this is real, I'm jumping on it. :)

73's
    Ken
    KC7RAD

2. WW1SS

WW1SS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You know the old saying . . . If its too good to be true it probably isn't.

N0TZU likes this.
  3. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The street address indicated in the website seems to be real, a private residence that last sold for $475,000 in 2017.

The name and address listed on the website appear to be legitimate and consistent with other public records. Gary R. Safron at that address ( 1090 Dockside Place, Greensboro, GA 30642 ) is 72 years old and related to Laura, Nathan, and Corrine Safron.

However, the language of the website is not American English. These are all clues. But they don't prove anything.

Buy some leggings, see what happens.

Postscript --- Their checkout system does not allow paypal or any payment method other than you giving them your credit card information. That is a yellow flag for me.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

RED!

WB0MPB and KA2FIR like this.
  5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

99.999% certain that it's a scam website.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  6. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds suspiciously like the similar website selling the heavily discounted Xeigu radios a few weeks ago.

7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Buy from reputable stores. You'll save money in the long run.

8. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah. You looked up the wrong website. clubsstore.com is not clubstore.com ( Belgian ). Note the double "s" in the website offering the leggings and MFJ-259-C. Just another clue.

For all the time we have spent trying to check it out we could have bought a MFJ-259C from a reputable dealer at the regular price.

9. KC7RAD

Thanks all. Ya, I'm staying away.

And while my XYL looks great in leggings, I think I will pass.

N0TZU likes this.
  10. KC7RAD

Dang, yup wrong address.
    Apparently they were trying to sell some high-end golf stuff too
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/266942/websites-that-are-too-good-to-be-true/p6

N0TZU likes this.