CHIRP ISSUE

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K1NNG, Feb 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. K1NNG

K1NNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I have chirp I can read and write to the radio but for some reason when I choose
    Repeaterbook it will hang and give me the windows 10 circle and it just stops.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    I reinstalled windows,and tried to remove the router and go right into the cable modem
    still no joy!

2. K1NNG

Wow nobody knows the answer to this! LOL

3. AI6KX

AI6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

It works fine for me with Windows 10, and I'm in Japan! I noticed they have an updated version, so if you're using that one you might try going back one version.

4. N7EKU

N7EKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

Do you need a working account with Repeaterbook for it to work with Chirp? I noticed that Repeaterbook requires accounts to be set up again since last year. I would make sure Repeaterbook is working well first, and also that you have a network connection going in case that is needed.

Mark.

5. AI6KX

AI6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

Mark, I do not think you need a working account. I had never tried to link with it through CHIRP so I was very surprised it worked without a hitch the first time I tried. To be honest I don't recall if I had set up a Repeaterbook account last April when I needed to download some California repeaters in my new UV5-R before a trip to the US. But the fact that today I was accessing Repeaterbook from a different computer with a different OS, and that I was not even asked to identify myself, suggests that a working account is not required.

Steve in Okinawa

6. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

I seem to recall that I *did* have to make a RepeaterBook account for it to work...

7. K1NNG

You dont need an account for Repeaterbook.Chirp hangs when I try to get something through repaterbook.I reinstalled Windows.
    Maybe Chirp is missing something to work?Like Python or C++ or .net framework????Anyone know?

8. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

I just installed Chirp directly. I had trouble importing the data so I signed up for RepeaterBook, and then it worked. Have you tried it after making an account on RepeaterBook? I didn't want to either, but it did not work until I did.

9. K1NNG

Theres no place to enter account data like on Radio Reference that has a username and password ,so where do you enter anything for repeaterbook? I think you have confused Radio reference with repeaterbook.When I do a repeaterbook query it even does the blue circle of death aka the "hourglass".

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you should have installed Linux. :D

You may want to check and see if Win 10 is blocking your FTP port.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017