Chinese 811A "Power Amplifier" Tube from Amazon ??

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by K4ZOT, Dec 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! anyone tell you that you look just like the Red Ryder kid that shot his eye out?

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Yugoslavia??

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ya know, those old YU hams.

4. N2IIE

N2IIE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Current build. They are still being sold there.

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Do these have a brown base as did the early Chinese or a black base as does Shuguang? Last I heard there was only one remaining Chinese manufacturer that would deal with the troublesome ham market:eek::rolleyes:

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah as in YUgo and then YU dont

7. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

K6LPM probably meant the JJ Electronics plant in the Slovak Republic. No RF tubes there although they make nice audio tubes and other parts.

https://www.jj-electronic.com/en/

8. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Im familiar with JJ but not their past performance over a decade + ago. My #2 son was an officer in the USAF and based in Germany but worked in several countries including Russia and Ukraine, and had a pair of custom tube guitar amps built in the Netherlands that used their 12AX7 and 6L6GC's which couldnt last past 6 months or so. I had a source of NOS USA tubes at good prices and sent them over via APO or DPO depending upon where he was working.

He is now retired after 20 and living in Montenegro with his Russian GF and making a living with his guitars and web site. He gets about 6-8 years out of those old tubes but he doesnt push them. I hand delivered new ones about 18 months ago during a 2 week visit where we continued touring more of historical central Europe, including Slovakia. He is fluent in German, Greek, Russian, and conversant in Serbian, Ukrainian, Polish, and some Georgian. His GF is fluent in German, French, and Serbian.

N6UH likes this.
  9. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

KA9JLM likes this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The price is good.

Generator triode G-811 with high gain and “right” characteristic for generating oscillations in radio devices.