ad: AbAuRe-1

Charlotte Hamfest - March 8-9, 2013

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by KK4HOK, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KK4HOK

KK4HOK Ham Member QRZ Page

Granted, I was on the Hamfest Committee this year working the Social Media aspect, I still had a good time there. Yes, there was the ever-so-popular complaint of HRO not being there, but unfortunately, we were told that they weren't attending any Hamfests this year (cannot officially confirm this?). It's certainly a blow to the community here, but if anything, this should allow for other vendors & businesses to step up their operations and take their place at Hamfests.

What were your thoughts? Obviously, post away here, but we're also performing a post-hamfest survey at http://goo.gl/rTGvY which we will discuss at our wrap-up meeting. Any and all comments, questions, and suggestions will be considered during the planning of next year's hamfest.

We have a lot of ideas floating around in our heads, but we'd like to hear what you have to say about this year (the good, the bad, the ugly), and what you'd like to see going forward!

-Charles

2. N4ZAW

N4ZAW Ham Member QRZ Page

A funny "coinky-dink", I think -- Our local Charlotte county hamfest was held this same weekend. It is a tiny event, more like a tailgate event. But we always have a good time.
    It is the local ham community coming together that means everything to me. I hope you had as much fun up there at your event as I did down here at ours.

3. KK4HOK

KK4HOK Ham Member QRZ Page

Any shot that's in florida? I remember one of our survey feedback comments saying that they were able to search for "Charlotte Hamfest", and they were able to locate ours, but happened to have knowledge of a similar place down south. If it's something that gets up and going - make sure you utilize all the resources you have. Social Media and a web presence is cheap (if not free) and can easily help spread the word with a little effort!

4. N4ZAW

N4ZAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.