CDE Ham 2 Rotor and Control Box

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KA5WRL, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
  1. KA5WRL

KA5WRL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have for sale a CDE Ham 2 rotor and control box. Both of these units have been in storage for the last 10 years. When I acquired this system, I hooked it up and found that the rotor turned as it should, but the meter did not indicate that the rotor was turning. After a few checks, I discovered that the position potentiometer inside the rotor was open, so I purchased a new one from Norm's Rotor Service ($48 including shipping) and installed it this past week. The meter now displays properly and tracks the rotor's position as it should. While I had the rotor apart, I did not notice any missing gear teeth or any other problems inside the rotor.

The system is in good (certainly not mint) condition considering its age. It comes with all U-bolts, nuts, washers and clamp bracket for the antenna mast, as well as the 4 screws for attaching the rotor to a rotor plate on a tower. As can be seen from the pictures, some of the screws have some mild surface rust, but this doesn't affect the operation of the system. A previous owner cut off the ground pin from the power plug. I can install a new power plug with ground pin if you request. $200 includes shipping to lower 48; no international sales. I accept PayPal, postal money order, or cashier's check.

Thanks and 73,
    Jimmy/KA5WRL

Attached Files:

2. KA5WRL

I forgot to list my email address in the original posting: my call (at) gmail dot com.

Thanks and 73,
    Jimmy/KA5WRL

3. KD2UD

KD2UD Ham Member QRZ Page

Email sent. I'm interested in this rotor.

Bruce
    KD2UD

4. KA5WRL

Rotor is sold.
    Jimmy/KA5WRL

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.