caps in anchors sb 110

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KB2WVO, Jun 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

ok you said about the 10 ohm for the 6146s.. what voltage should the caps be while iam in there.. there .001 z5s i think.. cant find the z5s code nowhere.

2. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

The Z5 are 500-volt capacitors. Usually, they don't need to be replaced. However, if you do replace them, then 500-volt or, more common 1000-volt, capacitors are fine.

Glen, K9STH

KB2WVO likes this.
  3. KB2WVO

parts be here friday so the post office says cough choke puke lol .

10 bucks total that is parts and shiped ... not to bad .. to start anyways..
    i got 1W 10 Ohm 5% Carbon Film Resistor.. only ones in 10 ohm. looked at the old style bodys just like whats in radio. but no 10 ohm'ers. grrrr....
    ill look around for them.. i hope the CFRs are ok for the 6146s ..

the z5's are the ones on with the resistors on the shunt of 6146's i think thats what u said it does shunts ? so i figure why in there have to undo them anyways .. one of them . since iam in there things lol
    this is what ig ot for the replacements
    0.01uF 1000V Ceramic Disc

4. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

No problem using the carbon film type resistors in the cathode circuit.

I just cut the old resistors free, leaving the original bypass capacitors in the circuit. Then solder the replacement resistors in place.

Unfortunately, the resistors that "look like" the old resistors are almost always NOS (New Old Stock) and suffer from the same problems as the original resistors. In fact, a number of those resistors have already changed value from absorbing humidity over the decades, etc.

Glen, K9STH

KB2WVO likes this.
  5. KB2WVO

good deal.. will friday or saturday ill see how it goes. will update ..
    ty again very very much for your help and all who helped on this.. without you folks it would be 100 times harder

6. KB2WVO

changed the 100uf back to old volume came back. the new one doesnt seem to be good or not rite size or something.. i think ill leave it as is till it burns up

so i wasted 10 bucks ... o will .. live n learn i guess.