ad: GNOHF-1

Can't confirm QSO

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K2CQW, Jul 10, 2015.

ad: Subscribe
  1. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You should routinely produce (export) an ADIF file update of your logbook and store it to backup media. Given that their is no "one" place that does it all, it is then common to select the sites you choose to share the update with. QRZ offers easy coordination between its logbook and LoTW, see:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/static/qrz/lotw_cert_guide.pdf

2. W5NAL

W5NAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, didn't mean to imply it was a system problem. And yes, I am a new ham(barely 2 weeks on the air), so it probably is something I'm doing wrong. So hopefully you can help me out here. When in my logbook page, on the right side is a list of check boxes. Next to the check boxes are grey dots corresponding to certain (not all) contacts. Placing the curser over the dots it tells me "confirmation requested by ***". I check the box then go down to the actions tab and select "request confirmation for selected records". Obviously this isn't the correct way to confirm. Please help.

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are not doing anything wrong (nor is their a system problem). It is a matter of understanding how the system works.

You cannot force a confirmation as it will only automatically occur when you and your worked party both have entered a record of the QSO in their respective logbooks that match by callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. (The worked party must also be a QRZ Logbook user for this to happen; the callsigns in bold blue font.)

The best you can do is to "request confirmation" from a party that is a user by placing a check in the right hand box, then scrolling down to the ACTION button, and requesting same. Once you have done that a gray circle appears; then if a worked party has viewed your request, it will turn blue. If a confirmation does not occur, then either a matching QSO record has yet to be entered or the records are in disagreement in one or more of the match fields. Contact your worked party by e-mail or private message to resolve this.

By nature, many worked parties simply do not log their QSOs nor follow-up on requests; so don't set high expectations.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  4. AE1JB

AE1JB Ham Member QRZ Page

No, there actually is a problem. Even when you get all the information correct, down to the minute, and the band and mode, etc., QRZ rejects it for some users.

I know you don't want to believe that, but that doesn't make that reality go away.

5. AE1JB

AE1JB Ham Member QRZ Page

You need to fix your stinky software writing skills.

6. W1DQ

Please provide one or more specific examples by callsigns, date and time.

7. 2E0FMI

2E0FMI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I also have probs with confirmation. I have even spoke to the station on the radio and he agreed the time, freq, etc.But still got rejected. There must be a clutch or something. There is hell of a lot of stations on qrz saying the same problem.We even deleted the contact log and we both put a new log in. You guessed it.....

8. 2E0FMI

2E0FMI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

glitch ?

2E0FMI likes this.
  10. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Your logbook is turned off on your bio page. With no logbook displayed on your page what it means to me is that you are not using the QRZ logbook. With no logbook displayed I would not enter the contact information, and I would scratch the contact with you from my logbook because it will never get confirmed.

I have 100% confirmation, :)
    73, Lisa

help1.jpg