Can't confirm QSO

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K2CQW, Jul 10, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K5MAV

K5MAV Ham Member QRZ Page

It's Probably my fault somehow as I just started using qrz logbook. I will try to go back and edit the entry but I am not sure how to do that.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Open your logbook, find the QSO record and click on the callsign, then select EDIT, make changes and save.

3. WA4ALA

WA4ALA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!! Operator error (MINE). Had wrong time input. Fixed and all are now verified.

Thanks for the help.

73's,

Michael - WA4ALA

4. WB3JLA

WB3JLA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am new at this how do I confirm a contact I see I have 37 confirmed and some people left a message

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Each party to the QSO must enter a record of it in its logbook. The logbook system automatically marks each record as confirmed when the set matches by callsigns, mode, band, and date/time within a 30-minute window. If a record is missing or a field does not match, the record will remain unconfirmed.

If you receive a confirmation request, you have yet to enter a record of the QSO in your logbook or one or more fields in your record disagree with your worked party's QSO record.

6. KW4SR

KW4SR Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree 100% . Very Very difficult. Things need to change. Everyone's watch isn't synchronized.

7. W1DQ

The primary reason you receive a confirmation request is that you have yet to enter a record of the QSO in your logbook.

Things such as frequency, RST, and other detail are not checked.

The only fields that must match are:

callsigns - if they don't match then you haven't worked the party
    mode - e.g. CW, SSB, PSK31 (select from pull down menu)
    band - e.g. 40m, 80m (select from pull down menu)
    date/time - not precise time but within a 30-minute window

If that is too difficult, then your are not logging your QSO records in your logbook and that is the fundamental problem.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    KC9VFO likes this.
  8. GW4MBN

GW4MBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks F5VHZ, I really enjoyed you post. It mad me laugh till tears ran down.
    However, I think you went a little "over the top" :)

John
    GW4MBN

9. W1WOW

W1WOW Ham Member QRZ Page

Simply check out the Mediators logbook. 23k QSOs with only 5k confirmed, he's having no better luck than we are. :-/

10. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Come on qrz.com,,,, how can you log directly into the logbook if your portable, mobile etc or like me often working in my garage listening to the band and then pop into the shack to give a station a quick call...im going to log it on paper in my paper logbook and transfer it later, possibly days later...when i get back in font of my PC..
    It seems to me that you are saying the log confirmation will only work if both stations (there might be more in the qso) are actually logged in !!and write in the details of the communication and do this within your 30 min period !

Im not the only one having trouble, there are lot's of us saying the same thing, We are all saying there is a problem and you are saying it's the time or mode / frequency...we all log the callsign, and the frequency and usually know what band we are on ( your log page actually sorts the freq and band ) so it's the flipping time....but there is no standard..
    Every country has their own time zones, some more than one...and most won't know what "central european time is" or GMT or my local time ... I have tried them all but by not being in front of the computer logging it directly onto your system as it happens and the other guy (or girl) doing exactly the same it is not going to ever work for us is it ?
    So why not make it easier ? if we could SEE the time the other station logged and allow US to make the decision if we want to allow the confirm or not, rather than your system saying NO all the time...I probably have less than 5% confirmed !!!

I ran a special event station once (1980's ) that was done with the Civil Defence the Gendarmerie, The military, the local airport, and a plane dropping parachutists onto the site, the ambulance service, fire service, the police and the event security agents, I was using 7 different radios in my mobile PC ( poste de command) , and logged every communication and message in a huge logbook that was the property of the civil defence, and I did this over three days !! OK i had help but i do know how to log traffic !!!

I am doing three special events here in France in the next 8 weeks
    Each time I will be portable operating from my Half Size Landrover
    on 14.220 and 7.120 as well as some CW both fast and slow, 5 to 25 wpm
    I will log ALL my QSO's as Local time so as not to confuse onlookers watching the demonstrations. But they will only get entered onto my qrz logbook a few days later at best. i suffer from fibromalgia so i will be very worn out after the events, and not be fit to upload the data for a day or two.

But i will always confirm the contacts in these events and they will get a personalised photo qsl card or Jpeg file. But they will have to email me with their data if they cannot get the confirm on qrz.com...

Im not expecting to get any confirms back either from qrz log as the system does not work...but i don't care, i log them on my qrz log so there are logged but as others can only see a few of the latest qso's and not my entire logbook, they could well miss seeing the confirmation..my logbook should be open for anyone to see...if it was a secret i would not enter the qso !!! would I !!

Here’s hoping something might change, but im not holding my breath..

2E0FMI likes this.