Can't confirm QSO

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K2CQW, Jul 10, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

I received a qrz message from HB9CZB asking for confirmation. When I attempted to confirm I was told either date, time, band or mode did not match. I verified the data with paper log and all matches. The QSO took place when I was living in New Jersey, since April 1, 2015 I have lived in Delaware. I would like help tthis guy but I am at a loss.:confused:

2. KI4FKW

KI4FKW Ham Member QRZ Page

E-mail or PM him. Most likely, one of you entered different info than the other.

K4SAW likes this.
  3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with KI4FKW's advice to you. There definitely is a mismatch in between you in the case of either band, mode, or date/time not being in a 30-minute window. You need to resolve it between you.

4. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, Sadly i find it also very hard to "CONFIRM" qso's on this site.....hard? well bloody impossible actually. Sorry but it should be made easier....it's not the time or band...it's just not user friendly....sad as it could be made easier so easily... there is no apparent link from the confirm page to pull up the list and just click on confirm....I doubt the person requesting confirmation is bothered about the actual time to the second...he's not using qrz.com to set his bloody watch....just to ask for confirmation....you should be able to send what YOU entered into your log regardless of whether he has posted the same details or not.....so if he wrote 59 in his log but you wrote your corrected maximum field strength when he said, after a bit of qsb you actually peaked at 59+10, then either should be OK,,,,you were given 59 at the start of the contact then in a peak you were given a higher reading.....this should not stop you being able to confirm a QSO....
    Regardless if the "BUG" is the qrk, qtu, qrz or qtu the callsign and date should be enough...
    PLEASE take note qrz.com.....We don't need you to make life more difficult that it is already...this is a hobby, not a police, state so lighten up please...make it simple to say OK yep thats fine. we did work you....
    we all make mistakes and errors when working mobile, portable and even at home...so what if my clock is a little fast, or i wrote 59 and forgot the +20db...or even if i got the wrong date...and im a day out.....I don't use the radio every day so my note pad gets filled in as and when i do a qso... in the excitement of a new country or an old friend contact i might just forget to change the date on the page im writing on.....this is not a firing squad offence.... its a simple error....so let me confirm the contect....not just get repeated "ERROR" with no explination of what the error is...
    F5VHZ 10/07/2015 23,22 +/- ten minutes...

W1WOW, GW4MBN and KW4SR like this.
  5. KI4FKW

KI4FKW Ham Member QRZ Page

I think all it makes you do is:

1 - Have the correct call.
    2 - Have the frequency in range.
    3 - Have the time IN RANGE - I think it has to be within 30 minutes.
    4 - Have the date correct.

Nothing else matters whatsoever, I believe. (Other than info needs to be correct to confirm grids / states / DX entities / etc)

KC9VFO and W7UUU like this.
  6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The only requirement is that you have in your log an entry for the QSO that matches by callsigns, band, mode and date/time within 30 minutes. Such details as RST, frequency, precise time, QTH , etc. are not considered.

An average of 44,000 confirmations take place each day, see: http://logbook.qrz.com/page/stats.html

If you are unwilling to log your QSOs upfront, the logbook is not for you.

7. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been logging every QSO since Nov 2012. I resent the implication.

KK4CUL and W1WOW like this.
  8. W1DQ

To: K2CQW

Let me clarify, my post shown below was in response to the posting above from F5VHZ and not your post.

As to your original posting in this thread, I have entered both your logbook and that of HB9CZB. I note that both of you agree that you had a QSO at the same data and time. I also note that you disagree as to the band that it took place on. There is no way QRZ can determine which of you is correct, only that a confirmation match does not exist. You can only resolve it through contact with HB9CZB, else it will remain unconfirmed.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  9. WA4ALA

WA4ALA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I too am having this problem confirming. In my case it is a request for confirmation from K5MAV. I have verified the band, 20 meters, the frequency 14.231, the time, 22:10 and mode SSB and am told that either the date, time, band or mode do not match. What have I done wrong? Totally confused here.
    Michael - WA4ALA

10. W1DQ

One or more of the required entries that you entered in your logbook do not agree with the corresponding entries that your worked party has entered in its logbook. You need to contact your worked party by e-mail to determine which do not match and resolve the issue between you.

The only fields that are required to match are: band, mode, date/time within a 30-minute window. Other fields are not checked.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015