Cant build the kit? Blame the kit maker.

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by W7ND, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7ND

W7ND Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.hamgadgets.com/blog/2013/11/this-just-takes-the-cake/

I can't believe what I just read. No wonder it seems not a month goes by you dont hear of a smaller ham related enterprise closing it's doors. This is why I have such a hard time with paypal. No doubt even with the complete burden of proof on his side some idiot will get his money back and the kit maker will get screwed out of his money.

2. NQ3X

NQ3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow. What a douche. Good on Dale for soldiering on.

3. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think kit suppliers are in an especially exposed situation. They have to choose what their policy will be in regards to things like this. Do they attempt to fix it? Do they replace the kit? Or do they have some fine print somewhere that makes it clear whose responsibility it actually is? Then, you have companies like Elecraft that say they "...won't let you fail...". I'm sure even they have some limits.

I hate to admit it, but even with my experience, I've had a kit or two that never worked the way I expected it to, and I've also had kits that were incomplete or had the wrong parts. Usually, the vendor has been of assistance, but I don't really expect that much help - if I mess it up, it's my problem.

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

This is why I am at DAYTON and PACIFICON Teaching Soldering to kids and new Hams. Everyone should know how to do this if they are going to be COMPETENT Hams! I am just APPALLED at the soldering job the CLOWN did on that board. What an INSULT! I have had 6 year old kids do a MUCH better job than that! The idiot who soldered that board deserves to be OUTED and publically SHAMED! What a TRAVESTY!

I understand some people have eyesight and motor control problems in which case they shouldn't even attempt such a project. But this obviously was done by someone just plain STUPID!

5. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

The kit maker outed him already.

6. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm still assembling my Vanna kit. Will let you know how it works out.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. WA6MHZ

QRZed needs to see this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congratulations, W0! U just won the WORST SOLDERING JOB in the History of MANKIND AWARD!

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

This schmuck is in Evans City? Great. I'll have to remember to watch for him at local hamfests...

9. WA6MHZ

Here is the Soldering iron he used

[​IMG]

10. N9DSJ

N9DSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Not quite J-STD-001, is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.