Can you give a reason for NOT getting a 7300?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KC3PJ, Mar 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KA3CNC

KA3CNC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Im waiting for the new Icom 7610 to hit the market!

2. W3STJ

W3STJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I went with the Yaesu FT-991A. Main reason was the vhf/uhf also being built in. Gives me a "shack in the box" scenario.

The 7300 was a close second on my list.

3. N4NYK

N4NYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Also, it appears that Icom does not provide free control software. For example, Kenwood provides free radio control software to access menus and functions on their HF radios. If Icom would do that, it could save wear and tear on the touchscreen. This is a very desirable feature to me.

4. AF7ON

AF7ON Ham Member QRZ Page

IMHO, the Kenwood TS-590 will probably give you the closest experience to older radios, but still has modern features such as communications and control via USB and excellent digital filtering. I suggest you visit a store and play with them both to check out your personal preference.

Mike
    AF7ON

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

HURRY!!!!! RUN and get it!!!! They are selling like HOTCAKES!!!

6. KD1GA

KD1GA Ham Member QRZ Page

Great Radio. Love it.

7. K3EY

K3EY Ham Member QRZ Page

What's funny is YOU picking out mistakes and throwing stones, makes you look like a jerk---are you? By your picture, well. . . . . .

8. KD8UEI

KD8UEI Ham Member QRZ Page

For those of you who do not like touch screens, I suspect touch screens are going to be dominant forevermore because soft keys are less expensive than actual knobs and buttons. I too mourn this trend.

9. K3EY

K3EY Ham Member QRZ Page

For you Ae1N Fun Fun Fun to operate. Please Mr BAUME forgive my error.
    noun
    something that provides mirth or amusement:
    A picnic would be fun.
    enjoyment or playfulness:
    She's full of fun.
    verb (used with or without object), funned, funning
    Informal. joke; kid.

10. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

You really need to USE one, and compare it with other rigs !

I personally would never buy an IC7300, as it's all about the functionality, how it feels, the controls and switches (or lack of them!), as well as how it actually receives signals in practice (ie not just the "on paper" spec)

I am contstantly amazed by the number of people who buy a brand new car, just becausee of how it looks . . . and after a few weeks of owning it, decide they don't really like how it drives, etc! (why didn't they at least arrange to borrow one for a weekend? Any dealer would do that)

Personally I have never bought brand-new, firstly because of the instant depreciation (for a given budget, I would much rather buy a more expensive model, even if it's a few years old)

Secondly because I want to wait and see how reliable it proves to be . . . and thirdly becasue I want to be able to fix it myself !

(all of the above applies to my attitude to buying transceivers, as well as cars!)

Roger G3YRO