BuxCommCo Rip off

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KB3EAA, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am amazed that companies do not seem to want ideas from their customers. I think their attitudes are mostly "sell it and forget it". I have quit making suggestions.

But just to play the devil's advocate, the larger companies may be afraid that a person making a suggestion may later claim the Co. stole his idea. The company I worked for would not look at incoming ideas unless they were patented, to protect both the writer and the company.  Many times we were already working on the incoming idea. Can be difficult and expensive to prove who did what to whom.

TOM K8ERV

2. kq6pr

kq6pr Ham Member QRZ Page

Man, what a mess. I once tried a kit just after upgrading to advanced. Found a paper on an antenna from some dude KE6NHJ. When it did'nt work right I emailed him a nasty-gram. The creep just sent it back to me under my old call sign. What a mental case, why that dirty rotten.... uh ....nevermind.

3. N4PGW

N4PGW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, folks,

I guess this thread means something. I, like many of you, understand that things sometimes go wrong. I have emailed many a webmaster that his site was unusable on my computer for information sake and received one cursing out from one webmaster and never a reply from any other. Just friendly advise, i thought.

However, in the case of K4ABT, I have been looking at several things he is offering. Now I will keep on looking.

I run a small business and I have a bad temper problem. Recently I had a customer from hell to frustrate me half to death. I was polite but firm in telling him that he had become a pain in my rear. (not in those words). I was sure I would get negative feedback, but instead, he gave positive feedback and said I was very professional. BTW, I refunded his money even though I believe he was at fault in the issue. Never the less, there is no reason to curse someone out in mail or email. Not that I am not tempted sometimes.

Buck

4. K8JRG

K8JRG Ham Member QRZ Page

I also have this rascal unit.. funny it works and keys for everything but packet... works all modes but packet. i was told to try other software ...i did all the software i could fine. most programs left my rig in tx......is all i have to say about this rascal i went out and got a rigblaster end of problem.... maybe someone knows something i don't why would it work for everything but packet.
    kb8yio

5. W5WJP

W5WJP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have ordered from BUXCOM 3 or 4 times NEVER NEVER had any kind of a problem. I asked a few stupid questions once and got prompt replies. You must have really ticked him off.

W5WJP

6. XV2PS

XV2PS Ham Member QRZ Page

Quoted by MB:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I'm selling a product to you, then YOU are my boss. You are paying my income. You deserve me to treat you like a king.

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well MB, you are correct in a way. Seller can think customers are the kings. That is good up to a certain limit.

Remember the post of Publix Diet Soda who was &quot;kicked out&quot; of a shop by the police (if true story)
    Most problems arise when customers think they are the king. This is an attitude I always had difficulties to deal with. My parents life was to say &quot;amen&quot; to any kind of over the limit customers. I cannot forget that.
    From my experience, I can tell you that sometimes it is good to fix them the limits. Many will much more appreciate a firm but fair behavior. Now, for bad words, of course, these are not relevant of any business.

I must say I have to sympathize with that guy that has a hot temper, as I really suffer the same. Not good for business, but sofar under control....

73 Pierre

7. w5zzq

w5zzq Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry you had all the problems with this company. I was going to buy some pieces of equip. from them but I have changed my mind. Sounds like very poor company policies to me. Larry......

8. W7DME

W7DME Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kd5scg @ Feb. 09 2003,09:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would be pretty ticked at you too, if I were him. So far you have managed to completely slander his company on a public board, that is being read by potential customers. I say slander because you have not provided any evidence, no receipts, no verifiable e-mail quotes (If you want people to believe that you didn't just invent the e-mail quote, then you should include headers).
    By the way, have you bothered asking for a refund.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If he slandered this company, then they can take legal action. But remember, that the truth is a valid defense in a a slander case.

Mike

9. KW7DSP

KW7DSP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have had no Problem with Buck other then I can't get another original RASCAL. Everyone forgets this was originally a service to Amateurs and not a full time business. It is still the definitive site on interconection for PSK and Packet.

Why is this old mule being dredged up to beat again anyway.

Buxcomm is 'A' OK in my book.

10. W7DME

W7DME Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kw7dsp @ Jan. 09 2004,14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have had no Problem with Buck other then I can't get another original RASCAL. Everyone forgets this was originally a service to Amateurs and not a full time business. It is still the definitive site on interconection for PSK and Packet.

Why is this old mule being dredged up to beat again anyway.

Buxcomm is 'A' OK in my book.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    My post was not an attack against anyone, but just an observation about a statement made by one of the people posting comments, and had nothing at all to do with &quot;Buck&quot; or his business. On the other hand, When a person or business provides a service free of charge, then one should value that advise with the cost. But when one starts to charge for the &quot;Service&quot; then they become a business, whether legally or not, and it is a whole different ball game. When you charge, then you are not really a &quot;Service&quot;, but are a business in the legal sense of the word. My comment was just a general observation about Libal and whether or not one could be harmed by speaking their mind, as long as what they were saying was true. So, please don't view this a dredging up the original argument.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.