ad: rfparts

Brexit and what it means to the UK radio Amateur

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by GW0HUS, Apr 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. GW0HUS

GW0HUS Ham Member QRZ Page

Good morning all,
    Just sitting here thinking over my first cup of black coffee (a habit born out of liveing and working in Germany before the E E C come into being . refuse to call it E U because that was not we sighned up for )
    I digress back to the original subject : Brexit and what it means to the UK radio Amateur
    once UK leaves the E U does this mean that the UK will once again be considered a DX entity ..????

Will all UK amateur radio stations be able to work the Pompous stations saying :
    D X ONLY OUTSIDE EUROPE . we will be so there fore we count as DX or am I missing something

Graham Gw0hus (always DX to somebody )

W4AAX likes this.
  2. HB9FUH

HB9FUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Europe != European Union (or EEC). The British Isles iare and always will be a part of Europe (just as Switzerland and Norway are).

M3OVA likes this.
  3. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

No, just a country that finally grew "balls"..

W7DAZ likes this.
  4. HB9FUH

HB9FUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Put it another way: will the England team still play in the European Championship?

5. KM1H

KM1H Subscriber QRZ Page

Just another failure at a united Europe; Napoleon and Hitler tried and failed also and so will anyone else.

6. GW0HUS

NEVER .... we are an Island race , one large monkey wrench in the CHANNEL TUNNEL and voila .. he he he ...

W4AAX likes this.
  7. GW0HUS

they can play ....BUT THEY NEVER WIN ... HE HE HE ..!

8. WD4ED

WD4ED Ham Member QRZ Page

You'll always be DX to us Yanks! ;-)

Ed

W4AAX likes this.
  9. WD4ED

WD4ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe someday soon we can all respect France!

Ed

10. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

The United States exists because of France. They financed the revolution. and the gift of the Louisiana purchase.

N5PZJ and KG7E like this.