Bouvet is cancelled

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K7MH, Feb 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

No hope for decent landing weather for the next 4 days and engine trouble.
    Already talking about rescheduling it.
    That's really gotta suck for all it took to get that close!!
    ...Oh well...

2. KI4WCQ

KI4WCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Reading about the normal winds down there, my pucker factor would have been high taking a helicopter ride on a nice day. Better safe than sorry...they'll activate it one of these days.

K2HAT likes this.
  3. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

It should be anyway on a helicopter.
    A friend of mine flew one for King County Sheriff. He says helicopters don't have landings. They just have controlled crashes!:eek:

I wonder how much the cost was to get as far along as they did. Probably most of what the projected costs were.
    Just think, a couple weeks or so of seasickness to get there and now likely more of the same for the return trip! Arggh!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Wouldn't it be great if this turned out to be an early April Fools joke. Safe trip to those who went.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hopefully we'll soon have another thread covering this ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

6. K2WH

K2WH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

7. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Better safe than sorry....

My Best wishes for a safe return to port!

8. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

That is the best thing to hear all are safe, that pile of rocks is not going anywhere, so perhaps another day, time, year will work.

9. ZL1ON

ZL1ON Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope all DX'ers realize that we all need to step up to the plate as they've spent at least $400K of their own money to get to this point.

10. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

That indeed is the sad thing, it gets down to the fact that most of us only have to make an effort to work a great expedition, we are not living in a tent, freezing, or hotter then the hinges of Hades. We do not have to battle bugs, crabs, birds, snakes and who knows what else? This is where the donations come in and I never fail to do so if they have OQRS. No, it is not a large amount, but every little bit helps. Just wish I were younger so I could dx from the other side of the big ponds.

K7MH likes this.