Bogus Spot

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by N7WR, Mar 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
  1. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Well that was exciting! Someone posted a spot "P7VC" and indicated it was P 5 (North Korea). You can imagine the excitement and pileup...except the station posting had the call wrong. It was SP7VC in Poland. Several callers were actually P!$$ed off..like there was any chance at all of it being a station in Rocket Man's country. LMAO

2. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't imagine the bells and whistles and sirens and klaxons that go off in N7WR's shack when a P5 spot hits the DX Cluster. :eek:

KC8VWM and KP4SX like this.
  3. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Jesse ... if 4L4FN would just return ...

4. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. I don't have P 5 plugged in as needed on my DX spot download. Don't figure on it being active during the remainder of my life and if it is I'm sure I will hear about it....but I have a very modest station these days and it will be difficult to work it

5. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've fallen for bogus spots in the past...probably will again...but I saw that one and I must say I didn't even think about it. Some people must believe everything they see on DXSummit LOL

The SP7 must have been happy though...

6. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

As though we needed more evidence why listening is important. Including verifying a cluster guess.

AA7YA and KE4YOG like this.
  7. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Another reason why I don't use clusters anymore.

AA7YA likes this.