Body Scanners on Streets Next?

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by N0WVA, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-sarc
  1. N0WVA

N0WVA Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Told ya

You know what some folks here say.
    Walking down the street is a privilege not a right.

3. N0WVA

Yeah. Privilege. Thats a word you use on your kid. Scary thing when you use it on citizens.

The last stage in the game went over fairly easily, only a few bad mentions in the media and some you tube videos. But for the most part the people slept. I got a feeling the next stage will be even more intrusive and Orwellian, will they wake up?

4. KB0OXD

KB0OXD Guest

Shortly after deployment, it won't be long after that we'll start seeing them pop up on places like UStream. Someone getting caught with a gun in their waistband is just what I need to see while cam surfing - NOT !!

Cheers & 73 :)

5. G4ALA

G4ALA Ham Member QRZ Page

Land of the Free?

Cheers

John G4ALA

6. W5WPL

W5WPL Subscriber QRZ Page

Body scanners are in Malls also. When ever I'm there. :rolleyes:

7. KI4NGN

KI4NGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Please cite one single post where anyone has said that walking down the street is a privilege, not a right. Just one.

8. N1JBS

N1JBS Ham Member QRZ Page

9. AF6LJ

That's the attitude some people have.
    It all comes from the Government is good crowd.

You know the type; they just turn their back and let government do what it will...

Tell me something;
    Are you going to stand by and watch while your granddaughter gets groped at the entrance to the mall or gets groped while the two are walking down the sidewalk on the way to the 7/11 for a coke?

How is that going to make you feel when it happens later this year?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Okay I will lay off the scarcism a little....
    I really do want to know;
    Is this the country you want your grandchildren to hairnet???

I see crap like this and my maternal instinct kicks into overdrive.
    What about you?
    As a man don't you feel your clan is threatened?
    Doesn't stir something deep within you that makes you want to fight it?

10. N0WVA

Being well informed with unbiased news is our best tool in keeping these thugs in line. Thats why your seeing an assault on the internet. The real intent is to shut down the likes of Drudge and pump you full of Faux snooze. Theres been a chokehold on the access to real information and free speech for so many years, our owners feel this internet thing is getting out of hand.

If this country goes down we have nothing to blame but our own laziness.

11. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Here, let me fix that so it's more accurate:

"If this country goes down, blame someone else for our own laziness."

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  12. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No one else notices that a similar pattern is happening here stateside that happened to a certain EU country just before WW2?

13. W9OE

W9OE Ham Member QRZ Page

I read quotes that stated "DOD and Police reserching new technology". "Only used in resonably suspicious circumstances, used at specific events, used in shooting prone locations".

No place in the article did it state that they paln on acutally purchasing or using this technolgy. No place did I read that it was to be used on the on the city streets to randomly scan citizens, by the Police spokesman who was interviewd.

I did read where the news paper itself used the bait and hook method of sucking in the readers by claiming it would be used to violate the citizens walking on the street.

I did read several of the replies by some of the same people who repeatedly have claimed that you have no expectation of a right to privacy in public or on a public street when it comes to video taping. Those same people are now claiming that this would be a violation of privacy if used in public or on a public street. You can't have it both ways people!

This is nothing more that infared technology just like they use on the choppers to track and search for criminals. This not an x-ray body scanner that is used in the airports. This technology has been dragged though the courts many times and ruled to not only be effective but legal.

Do a little reserch on the subject as the artical contains no real facts, and is only intended to invoke a predictable rersponse.

Oh no the sky is falling, again!!!

14. AF6LJ

Sorry to inform you there are plans to impliment this latest assult on your and my rights.

With the number of people who are waking up to what is going on I am pleased to inform the Zedders I am once again

Proud To Be Am American.

[video=youtube;oQVB9jdU8wo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQVB9jdU8wo[/video]

15. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

Privilege translates as private law. I'll leave you to consider whether that applies in this case.

Brian G8ADD

16. KI4NGN

KI4NGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Seriously? If anything, information has become much more readily available, so where's the chokehold?

17. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would blame someone else if that was my responsibility to do so, but it's clearly someone else's responsibility because I am not accountable for anything. I'm not worried about it too much because the government takes care of everything for us. We don't have to do anything important except watch American Idol on TV.

18. AF6LJ

That is only one of several definitions.

Interesting comment coming from someone who lives in a monarchy.

19. WA6TKD

WA6TKD Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. There was a somewhat famous court case where the police were using a passive optical IR scanner to search out a suspects house ( that they had a search warrent for) , from 'afar'. They happened to also scan a nearby house and apparently the IR signature of marijuana grow lights in a attic gained their attention and they then searched the home and made an arrest. The court held that the evidence used to trigger their search was NOT legal and through the case out. They ruled it an unreasonable search of the owners home, even though they didn't need to enter the home for the initial 'justification' for the further search and finding 'grow farm' in the attic.

So I guess you have to count me among the side that doesn't think the executive branch of the government is 'out of control' and trying to take our rights away whenever possible. I still think we are a country ruled by laws and feel the judicial branch is doing it's job as the framers intended. One my not agree with every decision made by the courts, but I would challenge anyone to come up with a better method to protect our rights, tell me the specific changes you have in mind.

20. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I was thinking we could equip the Google van with the technology and then it would be perfectly ok to invade everybodys privacy and scan your house into a database as they drive by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.