Black Toyota p/u and encomm trailer stolen

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KY4GPD, Jul 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KY4GPD

KY4GPD Ham Member QRZ Page

Stolen Chattanooga Amateur Radio Club Property

Late Friday night July 5th / early Saturday July 6th, the trailer pictured, belonging to the Chattanooga Amateur Radio Club (CARC), along with a Black Toyota Tacoma, belonging to Southeast Company, was stolen from 7th street in Chattanooga.

The trailer contained quite a bit of Amateur Radio related equipment along with generators and more. There will be a more detailed list coming in the near future. Please be on the lookout for this trailer, the truck and question ANY radio or related equipment being sold by unknown persons.

There were Icom D-Star radio(s), Kenwood dual band radio(s), TNC equipment, network equipment, possible computer equipment, 2 Honda generators (1 portable, 1 large) 70 amp power supply, Yaesu HF radio(s) and other related equipment.

The truck may have damage on the front end as it was used to ram through a gate. This is also an unsafe towing situation as the black Toyota Tacoma truck is a smaller truck and this trailer is too large and heavy to be safely towed by this truck. The truck also does not have the needed braking equipment for the trailer and as well, was not equipped with the proper hitch ball size (too small).

If seen, please notify your local law enforcement and / or call 911 immediately and provide any details that you can and follow up with notifying the Chattanooga Amateur Radio Club at 423-308-3477.

Please pass along this email and information to anyone you can!

Attached Files:

2. WD6USA

WD6USA Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! That would be hard to miss on the road. It's probably in a garage or backwood now being worked over. I sure hope it was insured and you get it back. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

3. KY4GPD

I am not affiliated with that club I was doing them a solid by posting it here that way if their equipment pops up for sale here then they can get busted for selling it.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If at all possible, please post models and serial numbers of all of the radios in the trailer. That could potentially help a lot.

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KY4GPD

As president of the Chattanooga Amateur Radio Club, I would like to express a heartfelt thanks to everyone that assisted in the recovery of our MCP Communications Trailer this morning. We did have some equipment loses but those are easier to deal with than the loss of the whole trailer. More details to follow. A special thank you to NewsChannel 3 for getting the word out and for several viewers responding with information and even photos of the trailer at the location where it was recovered.

Once I confirmed that the photos were the club's trailer, Chattanooga Police rolled instantly including an off-duty officer. We arrived on scene about three minutes after the police. Great work by everyone who put aside everything to come to the aid of our club. Search & recovery efforts have started on the gear that was removed. It's great to see so many hams, non-hams, and our police department rally so quickly so that an even greater loss was avoided. Thank you all so much!

Gary Ownsby, AK4ZX
    President 2019

N5PZJ, KC9ONY and KP4SX like this.
  6. KY4GPD

The club President has posted that police have found the trailer.

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

GREAT NEWS!!!!! Of course, I truly hope that all the GEAR is still there.... but still, GOOD NEWS

Dave
    W7UUU

8. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear Chattanooga Amateur Radio Club,

Please consider installing an APRS beacon in a hidden/fortified location of your E-COM trailer.

Signed,
    Mr marginaly helpful after the fact advice giver

KN4PHS, NU4R, KF5RRF and 4 others like this.