Bill LEAHY, K0ZL of B&B Technical Services SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K6AER, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. DJ0QN

DJ0QN QRZ Lifetime Member #99 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

K0ZL

I too am shocked to hear the news on Bill. I recently exchanged a few e-mails with Bill, and we were planning to get together in Dayton to finally meet in person.

Bill was a fine man, a gentleman and first class ham.

Mitch DJ0QN

2. N0VK

N0VK Ham Member QRZ Page

Info: Bill's viewing will be Tuesday, 10th of Feb. @ Mt Olivet ~ 44th and Youngfield. 5 to 8 pm. Service Wednesday @ Crossroads 9901 50th Ave. @ 11:00 am.

NØVK

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  3. N5DGH

N5DGH Ham Member QRZ Page

It is never time

I just added Bill to my list of people to contact, complete with map route and everything, for my 16 March visit to Denver. I was sure looking forward to meeting him. No doubt he will be missed for his helping us recover from our oopses. He touched a lot of lives. 73 OM

4. RV3APM

RV3APM Ham Member QRZ Page

my condolences

I am very sorry hear it ......
    Bill always was ready to help
    , good , honest man.
    He was really expert in radio
    my condolences

Sergey

5. K7FE

K7FE QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Bonnie Leahy, KB0HTC, Widow of Bill Leahy, K0ZL (SK) asked me to post this message from her:

Rick W0RIC

Dear Ham Community,

I want to express my deepest gratitude to all the hams & friends. The awesome support of condolences, kindness, spiritual & financial. The Ham community is truly a family of brothers & sisters who care. You are all wonderful.

I am sorry I haven’t sent anything sooner.

I finally got the Death Certificate. The cause was consistent with acute heart failure. The final manner of death is undetermined. OSHA is still investigating and I hope to know more in August, 2009 God willing.

73 Bonnie KB0HTC & Family.

Posted for KB0HTC

6. 2E1HKB

2E1HKB Ham Member QRZ Page

All,
    Bill repaired a board from my Kenwood TS-850 last November (2008), which he did a fantastic and professional job. Judging from his prices I feel he repaired ham gear for others to help them rather than for extortionate financial gain (It was cheaper to send the board stateside and have Bill repair it than to have the work carried out here in England!!) He was a true ham, an elmer to many. I would have had no hesitation in recommending his work to anyone else. It's a shame I will never get to do that again. This is a tragic loss to the hobby.

73's

Keiron Brunning
    M0HKB
    Ipswich, England

7. KF7BBS

KF7BBS QRZ Member QRZ Page

A GREAT PERSON THAT WILL BE TRULY MISSED

I first had contact with Bill about 2 years ago. What a guy!!!!!!!!!! He not only rebuilt my 940 but continued a lengthy email correspondence with me about life and all the benefits life had to offer. He gave great recommendations to my sister when she had her gall bladder removed, as he had suffered from mistakes he had made post surgery. He will be truly missed by all. I am really late with this entry, but Bill deserves it!

KF7BBS

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.