Beware/Help KE7CFS Victor Mavian

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W4AJF, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W4AJF

W4AJF Ham Member QRZ Page

Beware/Help Victor Mavian KE7CFS

Hi Alex, I don't know about you but $3500.00 is a lot of money. I posted only after a last resort, while I was waiting for Victor Mavians local PD to answer me. Victor kept saying that he shipped the items he owed me and then prcoeeded to give me fake tracking numbers and then blame UPS. He kept telling me that UPS was working on the claim, then he told me they approved it and he would send payment, then his stopped answering. Again, I didn't want to have to post but in this case, after taking my $3500.00 and then blaming UPS for items that he NEVER shipped me and then disappearing I felt I had no choice. I would never do this to another person...

Anyway, thanks for reading this.

Adam Farber W4AJF
    Cooper City, FL

2. MM0GDG

MM0GDG Ham Member QRZ Page

Debt

Yo Adam!
    this is quite a tidy sum. I do not know the ins and outs but - was it not an act of folly from your part to give the guy the opportunity to fleese you? Specifically for this amount.
    Anyway; to me , there may be many reasons for the guy not paying up. The fact that he obviously gave you his address etc. might imply that a fraud was initially not intended. Maybe he liked the merchandise and realised later that he really could not afford it? Maybe he needed the money earmarked for you somewhere else urgently and is now ashamed about the affair and is dodging and diving. Anyway, he makes erratic payments. You will probably in time receive the whole amount due. Of course it is a royal pain in the a..., but you really have to be careful in the future.
    In god we trust, all others have to pay casy as we say in Germany.
    Again
    73s to you and your family
    Alex

3. W4AJF

W4AJF Ham Member QRZ Page

Help with Victor Mavian KE7CFS

Hi Alex, yes, point well taken and those are possibilities, I thought about that and tried to reason with him before resorting to all this but he would not answer. I would leave him messages telling him things like "I understand if you had some problems so please just get back to me so we can work this out" but he just would not answer. I would leave him messages almost pleading with him just to get back to me so I could help him resolve it but he just ignored me. Anyway, I am hoping I will get paid. He does keep promising to send money and does so at times so I am getting closer. I can tell you that without the help of the Police Department I probably would not have gotten any money paid back.

Again, thanks for the post back and take care.

Adam Farber W4AJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.