Beware a ham going by AC0SA

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W1UWC, May 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pay pal friends and family..
    When you want to give someone money and expect nothing but gratitude in return.
    Oh what a feeling.

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

.n/m.

3. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My head spins when I read this stuff. How many times does it need to be posted that you NEVER use "Friends and Family" option via PayPal to pay for any transactions on here or any other online site? Maybe it needs a separate header on the Swap Meet section in big bold red letters warning against using this.

WD3N, AJ4GQ and KA2FIR like this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As expected - no email address on the AC0SA page.
    How many red flags does one need?

WD3N, AJ4GQ and K3XR like this.
  5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it was not Richard Manning AC0SA that took your money. It was one of the scammers that you were warned about that respond to people running WTB ads. You were also warned to never use PayPal friends and family, and you were warned about the importance of doing due diligence. I am truly sorry you were ripped off and hopefully you will never let this happen to you again. About your only options now are to file a fraud claim with PayPal and hope they can recover the $65, and file a protest with your credit card company. Good luck and let us know if we can help.

WD3N, KP4SX, KS4W and 2 others like this.
  6. W1UWC

W1UWC Ham Member QRZ Page

Well live and learn. Won't happen again. I have been buying and selling for years never had it happen but it will be the last time.

WD3N, K3XR and WR2E like this.