ad: M2Ant-1

Best Travel Trailer - mobile ham shack?

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by N1KTJ, Jan 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7AGA

N7AGA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice looking rig!

K0PIR likes this.
  2. WD5IKX

WD5IKX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 17' Casita that is a fine portable ham shack. It is small enough to go pretty much anywhere and it has everything you need to be comfortable. FD-2015-06.JPG FD-2015-09.JPG FD-2015-08.JPG WD5IKX-mobile-sm-crop.JPG

John WD5IKX

KS3O, KF5RRF, KU4X and 4 others like this.
  3. K0PIR

K0PIR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WD5IKX likes this.
  4. WD5IKX

I guess I am lucky since I live only about 100 miles from the factory. (^8 Last year I managed to spend 74 nights out doing radio and astronomy. Lathrop SP Colorado portable-1.JPG

John WD5IKX

KC8VWM, K7WFM and K0PIR like this.
  5. NM1I

NM1I Ham Member QRZ Page

found that the bunkhouse makes a fb shack now kids are grown and doing their own thing.Have a KX3 ,PX3,and 100 w amp,tho most of time am qrp 5 w. antenna is shakespeare 393 3 piece marine vert attached to rear ladder(flagpole buddy mounts) with SGC auto tuner at base. works fb all bands. looking fwd to playing on FD this year. Butch NM1I

K7WFM and K0PIR like this.
  6. WD5IKX

Oh...and as others have commented I really enjoy operating outside under the canopy when the weather is nice.

WD5IKX-portable at TSP-2.JPG

John WD5IKX

KJ7EHK, K7WFM and K0PIR like this.
  7. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

The Scamp trailers are similar but do not have a fiberglass floor like the Casita.

There is a relatively new company that makes the Lil Snoozy which has a full fiberglass body.

KC8VWM and K0PIR like this.
  8. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

The best RV trailer and the best ham Shack is the ones that actually get out and get used. See as many of you as possible at Quartzsite in January

K0PIR likes this.
  9. N3LOU

N3LOU Ham Member QRZ Page

I AS WELL TRANSMIT WHILE CAMPING I TAKE MY HT WITH ME.
    KB3SRN 73S

10. N3LOU

N3LOU Ham Member QRZ Page

I PURCHASED MY 27 FOOT TT AN THE SALESMEN TOLD ME IF YOU PURCHASE A NEW ONE IT WILL LOSE THE VALUE AS SOON AS YOU DRIVE IT OUT. SO I FINANCED A USED ONE LIKE NEW. ENJOY