Behavior in pileups

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by N5CM, Feb 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Yet they worry about the smell of smoke........

K5AMT likes this.
  2. W7DCM

W7DCM Ham Member QRZ Page

Last night during 7QP I observed a station not in 7 land sending "QRL?" and then launching straight into CQ 7QP without listening for a response. He did this more than once on 40 last night.

3. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

In my opinion, transmitting on top of others in the context of a pileup is no different from transmitting on top of them anywhere else. It's jamming.

4. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Back in the day, you didn't have QRMing like we have now.

5. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I admit I did not read it all.

The best DX I have heard, except the DX working split saying up where at intervals, is the DX-er who said what prefix callsigns he was taking right now, then, move on to the next prefix he would take.

He repeated the last digits of the callsign he picked out from the mob, then. The wannabe contacts waited until that exchange finished. Then the "tailgaiters" made their call.

He accepted the next one repeating their last digits of their call sign. The rest of us waited.

..so I think the DX-er needs to handle traffic.

I have heard DX ignore any callsign that calls and doesn't listen and if they continue to interfere, I would say that is why I am shutting down for now.

..I am saying the DX radio amateur can make a difference.

..that said, I all fairness the QRM-er may not hear everyone else calling ..and may not be reaching the DX-er ..but you hear it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019