ad: elecraft

Beginning home-brew projects

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KM4LKC, Feb 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KM4LKC

KM4LKC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You are full of great information! Thanks for the links. And nice job on the perf board project. After looking at your project and the links, I am ready to get something started.

VK4FFAB likes this.
  2. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks and you are welcome, being somewhat of a beginner myself still, i remember the projects that worked for me and were simple enough for me to understand, build and test.And if a dummy like me can do these things, I am pretty sure you will be fine with them to.

Building and learning is a lot of fun and I wish you guys the best of success. Keep us informed on how you get along and if you run into any problems and cant work something out, just shout out and we'll see what we can do to help.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  3. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mostly do not over think it. Here is something I am working on, its on perf, but I do the same when building Manhattan as well just lay it out as the schematic is drawn, You can see the symmetry between the schematic and the built circuit. Other than the band pass being vertical on the board because the ground rail runs down that edge, you can follow the circuit just by looking, it makes for easy trouble shooting when things go wrong. I do not try and pack things in, unless I am making a circuit board on my cnc router.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KI7ASV likes this.
  4. N8DAH

N8DAH Ham Member QRZ Page

VK4FFAB Thanks for the tips have a pad of the grid paper I use for scale map outs never did the pad layout like this I like it!

My last point to point was a zero beat mod for my nescaf filter not the best work but it works hihi.

Attached Files:

VK4FFAB likes this.
  5. KI7ASV

KI7ASV Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. Might try a few of these myself.

6. K6BSU

K6BSU Ham Member QRZ Page

When projects get too complex, I retreat to something simpler. This is a crystal set based on a 1933 design, and using "olde-tyme" parts. XTAL SET.jpg

KI7ASV likes this.
  7. KH2G

KH2G Ham Member QRZ Page

Wahtever the end project, the power supply always comes first and must be clean. Enjoy Dick KH2G

8. K7ELP

K7ELP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So true

9. VE7JBX

VE7JBX Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KM4LKC

KM4LKC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page