Beating a Horse in Intensive Care:

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WS8E, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Time to lock the AE4IP troll machine. You're famous enough in Catgut Alabama.

2. K4AH

K4AH Ham Member QRZ Page

By this logic everything in a ham test can be thrown out because someone will forget it quickly and learned it only to pass the test. How many people here still use a smith chart or even remember what it is for.

There is a lot of info that has to be learned to pass any ham test and from the looks of some posts most of it has been forgotten.

When I first got my ticket I thought learning code was stupid because I would never use it. I only wanted to do SSB. Five wpm seemed really fast. Now I have trouble with 5 wpm because it is so slow. No matter what anyone says cw still gets through when nothing else will and with less equipment i.e., no computer needed.

3. N9CJT

N9CJT Ham Member QRZ Page

You've obviously never worked under marginal conditions.  The human ear can copy many dB into noise that would render your TNC useless.

4. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

One last throw at it from my point of view. 1st. Why do we keep brinkging up this subject up.? 2nd. If the FCC does drop/ Change the CW requirement what will be the inevitable thing that comes along and replaces this tired subject.? Geez, give it a rest already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.