Beating a Horse in Intensive Care:

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WS8E, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W0LC

W0LC Ham Member QRZ Page

Not even a kerchunk or a "break break"!

Where'd everybody go?

2. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

I still am definately not in favor of letting amateur radio operators legally transmit on the HF frequencies without passing the minimum 5 word per minute MORSE CODE test. I had to learn it as well as many folks since me and every one did before me. The folks who have not passed it are not any better than any of the folks who DID .

Leave the rules just as they are. I DO appreciate the basic intelligence of the men/women at the FCC for NOT rushing off and making a bad decision, like some officials in other countries. The USA has always set the standards for good taste, and not followed the wild & sometimes stupid ideas tht other countries have done. The USA is a world leader, and some other countries LOOK UP to us to lead them. Sure AMERICANS are not perfect ( the only being who was, died on a cross ), but "fly-by-night" ideas just dont go through us. If by change, YOU feel the need to go to another country that HAS legalized the " hf no-code idea ", then by all means, feel free to go there, and while you are there, dont plan to return, for you will not be missed.

3. KZ9U

KZ9U Ham Member QRZ Page

As for me, I stopped posting here because the thread made the 100 pages I had been looking for.. And yes, I own several rigs.. 2 HF rigs, 1 VHF mobile, 1 dual band mobile, and three dual band HTs..

4. KD4AMG

kzu...you dont have enuf radios...need at least a half dozen more !! [​IMG]

5. KZ9U

KZ9U Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't know what I'd do with half a dozen more.. I actually just traded off a VHF mobile for some other gear that I needed a lot more than that rig.. I WOULD like to get my hands on an IC-910h though..

6. 2m0bil

2m0bil Ham Member QRZ Page

As a Scottish Amateur (Fairly New) I did not need to learn code for the Amateur exams, but since then myself and a few others have been learning it. The way we saw it was that we were missing a whole lot of qso's and it was another means of communication that we could learn and further our knowledge of radio.
    As far as the code/no code debate goes I have followed the posts here with interest as we don't have the same heated debates about it here.

In the QSO's I have had with the U.S.A. I have met nothing but politeness,respect and good operating procedures and really friendly folks. It's sad to read of people squabbling about code/no code when, in my humble opinion, we should be sticking together to protect our hobby and circling the wagons against the bandwidth salesmen who don't see amateur radio as a fascinating hobby,
    They see it as an obstacle to selling off the spectrum and making oodles of cash

Thanks for reading my waffle
    if I have offended anyone, I apologise

Bill
    [​IMG]

7. KD4AMG

I aint squabbling...I just maintain that TRADITIONS should stay the same.

Simple & to the point.

8. 2m0bil

2m0bil Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps sqabbling was the wrong choice of words, informed difference of opinion would have been better. and yes I agree with tradition, we are up to our ears in tradition about everything over here.

Not being in the first flush of youth, I am comfortable with tradition,But I also enjoy an amount of change (slowly)

I would hate to see the hobby I have come to enjoy destroyed by what I consider to be the biggest danger.. The Spectrum bandits
    They just see money in the airwaves

There I am waffling again
    I hope some day when I get morse code to stay in my ancient brain we may have a qso with cw
    Bill:D

9. KD4AMG

that is ok...I am typing SLOW because I know that you can not read very FAST.

10. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

ep,

Thanks for helping further international relations.
    The guy makes a good point, I think.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.