Baofeng Predictions?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD8DEY, Jul 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, that's done deliberately. Note the capitalization.
    Anyway, it just irritates me about the cutesy insulting deliberate misspellings. I spent a lot of time and energy learning Mandarin. (XYL says I still have a horrific accent.)

WD4IGX, WQ4G and NK2U like this.
  2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

:D
    YOU may find them simple misspellings, and I am not (unfortunately) immune to a misplaced/misspelled a letter (or vowel) or two. But when they appear in multiple posts with the SAME error, I can't dismiss it as simply misspelling; and " hAM" is deliberate when it is always used in multiple posts/threads. The use of "TEH" instead of "THE" is just either laziness, or well, just, not really interest in the thread. (Mostly laziness.)

Your XYL (bless her heart) has a Mandarin accent knowledge, MY Klingon pronunciation is atrocious!
    By ANY language or whatever,

Live well and prosper, my friends!:cool:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    WU8Y likes this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

First world crybaby issues.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WD4IGX likes this.
  5. N1NA

N1NA Subscriber QRZ Page

Which leads me to a question, Is Yaseu outsourcing some of models to China?

6. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

AFAIK theYaesu FT-4 is a Baoefeng in a Yaesu wrapper. Which isn't all bad, at least the warranty and support are from Yaesu rather than from China.

7. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My prediction is that I won’t be owning a Baofeng any time soon.

NK2U likes this.
  8. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't really understand why the big three are still producing scads of analog only HT's either. I mean there can't be a big ham market considering the other plentiful and cheap Chinese alternatives?

I don't understand why by now someone hasn't created a digital HT that does more than one digital mode. You can't tell me there isn't a sufficient market for that.

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

May be because analog sounds better. Some operators like that.

WD4IGX and WQ4G like this.
  10. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu/Vertex/Motorola (whatever it is now) all make multi-digital mode commercial radios. I don't know why they don't make similar amateur products. Also I don't know why they can't put CTCSS reverse burst or split CTCSS/DCS in their amateur products.